Five finalists named in Chef's Choice Recipe Contest
The dedicated folks at Festa Italiana have carefully considered all of the recipes submitted for the Festa Italiana Chef's Choice Recipe Contest and chosen their top five finalists, which include four main dishes and one dessert.
- Nick Berg (Brookfield) – Duck carbonara
- Virginia Boone (Charlotte, N.C.) -- Chopped up chicken parm with pasta
- Lee F. Loveall, Sr. (South Milwaukee) – Lemon-cherry sweet ravioli
- Kristina "Tina" Merwin (Milwaukee) -- Tina's prosciutto double cheese calzones
- Iskra Stoycheva (St. Francis) – Cavatappi with roasted garlic, sage, fontina cream, prosciutto, porcini mushrooms and spinach
But, for these five finalists, the adventure has just begun.
On Sunday, July 20, at 2 p.m., each finalists will present his or her dish to a panel of judges at the Festa Italiana Cucina Showcase. Entries will be judged in front of a live audience, and the winner will receive the first-ever Golden Spoon Award, along with other food-related prizes.
For more information about the Chef's Choice Recipe Contest and other special culinary events taking place at Festa Italiana, July 18-20, visit festaitaliana.com.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.