Shorewood launches Small Plates Week
If you've been paying close attention to recent dining developments, you'll note that Shorewood's dining scene is growing.
So, it's only appropriate that the Shorewood Business Improvement District has announced that it will launch its first annual Small Plates Week, April 22-27.
During Shorewood Small Plates Week, 24 restaurants and food businesses throughout the neighborhood will create special tasting items – including appetizers, entrées and desserts – ranging from $3 to $8.
The event, which showcases the talent of local chefs, will also offer guests the unique opportunity to sample various Shorewood venues at an extremely affordable price.
Participating businesses will include Baker's Square, Benji's Deli & Restaurant, The City Market Café, Colectivo Coffee Roasters, Culvers, Goody Gourmets (available at Camp Bar), Einstein Brothers Bagels, Falbo Brothers Pizza, Harry's Bar & Grill, Indulgence Chocolatiers, Miss Cupcake Bakery, NaNa Asian Fusion & Sushi Bar, Nehring's Sendiks on Oakland, North Shore Boulangerie, North Shore American Legion, North Star American Bistro, OakCrest Tavern, Pick n' Save, Subway, Thief Wine, Three Lions Pub, Tochi, Vedo's Pizza, Village Pub & Grill and Yo Mama!
A sampling of items included in Small Plates Week includes:
- Three Lions' Pub Dual British Bakery pasties, traditional handmade cheese and onion pasties, alongside chef's sausage and gravy pasties, wrapped in lovely golden puff pastry.
- Harry's Bar & Grill's polenta cake, braised short rib with truffled mascarpone, fried egg and parsnip chips.
- Sendik's banana dark chocolate chip cinnamon bread Pudding with Jack Daniels Caramel Whiskey Sauce.
- North Star Bistro's shrimp risotto with sautéed shrimp, parmesan risotto, arugula, marinated tomatoes and balsamic glaze.
- Miss Cupcake's mini dirt cake, an ode to spring dessert featuring cookies and cream mousse.
Guests can visit any of these participating food and beverage locations during their lunch and dinner hours of operation and sample their special small plates throughout the week. For more information on Shorewood Small Plates Week including business hours and a specific list of available small plate items, visit shorewoodwi.com.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.