Aural meets oral: SoundBites 2014
Food and music lovers won't want to miss the 2014 edition of Soundbites, a unique event during which 12 of Milwaukee's top chefs will collaborate with Radio Milwaukee DJs to celebrate the uniting of food and music.
The event, which will take place on Thursday, April 3 from 5:30 to 11:30 p.m. at the Iron Horse Hotel, 500 W. Florida St., will feature tasting and listening stations featuring creative dishes thoughtfully paired with inspired song choices.
"A song and dish are composed of individual parts," says food lover and 88Nine DJ Tarik Moody, "But when they come together, something completely different and special is created."
Chef and DJ collaborations will include:
- Rebecca Berkshire, Head Chef, Balzac & DJ Sarah Fierek
- David Swanson, Chef/Owner, Braise & DJ Dori Zori
- Thi Cao, Executive Chef, Buckley's Bar & Restaurant & DJ Marcus Doucette
- Justin Schneider, Executive Chef, Firefly Urban Bar & Grill & Program Director Sean Demery
- Darin Yenter, Executive Chef, Juniper 61 & Musician Christopher Porterfield (Field Report)
- Executive Chef Adam Siegel, Lake Park Bistro & Producer Nate Imig
- Jan Kelly, Executive Chef/Owner, Meritage & DJ Ken Sumka
- David Kressin, Executive Chef, The Noble & DJ / Asst. Program Director Jordan Lee
- Kevin Sloan, Executive Chef, Pabst/Riverside/Turner Hall Ballroom & DJ Tarik Moody
- Angela, Pastry Chef, Pastiche Bistro & Wine Bar & DJ Sarah Fierek
- Guy Davies, Executive Sous Chef, Rumpus Room & DJ Stephen Kallao
- Suzy Crofton, Executive Chef, Smyth & DJ Kat Froehlich
This year's SoundBites, which raises money for 88.9 FM RadioMilwaukee, will also include a champagne reception; samples of Wisconsin-made cheese, beer, wine, craft spirits and coffee; a silent auction; a DJ spin; and live music featuring Evan Christian.
Tickets are $125 each and available at RadioMilwaukee.org/SoundBites.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.