Bike to Work Week: May 10-18
The Wisconsin Bike Fed's annual Bike to Work Week takes place this May 10-17 and features plenty of exciting things to do throughout the week. Benefit from free coffee, pastries and bacon in the morning, safety checks and tune-ups for tips and a cargo bike show. Then end the week at a bicycle-themed art show.
Find the full schedule below. Check out the Wisconsin Bike Fed's website for more details or for Bike to Work Week events throughout the rest of Wisconsin.
Enjoy free coffee, pastries, and camaraderie. Monday-Friday, 7:30-9 a.m.
- Urban Ecology Center (Riverside) (1500 E. Park Pl.) – North Bartlett on the Oak Leaf Trail. Supported by Colectivo
- Amaranth Bakery (3329 W. Lisbon Ave.)
- Urban Ecology Center (Menomonee Valley) (3700 W. Pierce St.) – On the Hank Aaron State Trail. Supported by Colectivo.
- Milwaukee Center for Independence (2020 W. Wells St.)
- Colectivo Foundry (170 S. 1st St.) – Includes tune-ups for tips and safety checks by the Milwaukee Bicycle Collective.
- Juneau Park (Mason Street & Prospect Avenue). Supported by Colectivo.
- Stone Creek Coffee Factory (422 N. 5th St.)
Saturday, May 10
- 2-8 p.m.: Coast in Bikes (703 S. 2nd St.) – (Re)Grand Opening and One Year Anniversary, featuring a Cargo Bike Roll Call, Bikepacking 101, drawings and giveaways, and food and refreshments. RSVP on Facebook.
Monday, May 12
- 8 a.m.: Bike to Work with Mayor Tom Barrett, from 51st and Washington Blvd.
- 5-9 p.m.: Bike to Work Week Happy Hour Kick Off at Great Lakes Distillery (616 W. Virginia St.).
Tuesday, May 13
- 7:30 a.m.: Bacon on the Bike Trail from Coast In Bikes at Urban Ecology Center (Riverside) Commuter Station (1500 E. Park Pl.) on the Oak Leaf Trail.
- 4:30 p.m.: Bike to a Brewers game from Wisconsin Bike Fed office (3618 W. Pierce St.).
- 5-9 p.m.: Sew-to-be-Seen at Coast in Bikes (703 S. 2nd St.).
Wednesday, May 14
- 7:30 a.m.: Bacon on the Bike Trail at Kinnickinnic River Trail at Washington & 1st Streets.
- 7:30 a.m.: UWM Bike to Campus Day - Ride 4 Panther Pride at UWM Campus. North ride starts at Santa Monica Boulevard and Hampton Avenue in the Martinizing parking lot. South ride starts at McKinley Parking Lot on Lincoln Memorial Drive.
- 7:30 a.m.: The Great Milwaukee 2014 "Rider vs. Driver" Commuter Challenge at Colectivo Shorewood (4500 N. Oakland Ave.). Which way is faster, healthier, more economical, and better for the environment? Where's a good place to get a great cup of coffee, or a fuel-efficient car, in Milwaukee? Includes a panel of celebrity riders, drivers and experts who answer these and many other questions.
- Safety checks from Johnson's Cycle and Fitness for youth riding to school. Find them at Wilson Elementary School (1060 Glenview Ave. Wauwatosa).
Thursday, May 15
- 7:30 a.m.: Bike to Work with the Milwaukee Parks Department. Departs from Estabrook Park South Parking Lot (4400 Estabrook Parkway).
Friday, May 16
- 7:30 a.m.: Bacon on the Bike Trail at Urban Ecology Center (Menomonee Valley) (3700 W. Pierce St.) Commuter Station
- 5-9 p.m.: Art for Bike's Sake - Anodyne Coffee (224 W. Bruce St.) – A Fundraiser to encourage, educate, and party at Anodyne Cafe. Bicycle-themed artwork from local and nationally recognized artists. Organized by and benefiting Vulture Space. RSVP on Facebook.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.