Milwaukee teen knows what's fresh with film
As Wisconsin's film industry profile continues to refine itself, one Milwaukee teen is personally adding to the talent pool.
Audre Schwingel was the only Wisconsin native chosen to participate in this year's Samsung Mobile Fresh Films, a nationwide filmmaking program for teens that allows minor leaguers to fulfill some major-league rolls.
More than 6,000 kids applied to become a part of nine all-teen film crews that had one week to make a seven- to 10-minute short film using professional equipment. The crews were responsible for casting, location scouting, shooting, editing and cresting the soundtrack.
Schwingel was part of a Midwest crew based in Chicago. Together they created "Out With The Trash," which is now available for viewing via www.fresh-films.com (Schwingel's is in the Uncommon Comedies section for Chicago.) Starting today and running through Wednesday, Aug. 20, the public votes for its favorite teen-made film.
The crews receive real critiques and feedback from industry professionals such as:
• Sean Astin, actor, "The Lord of the Rings," "Rudy" and "Goonies."
• Tom Skerritt, actor, Emmy-Award winning actor, "Picket Fences."
• Claire Kilner, director, "The Wedding Date" and "How to Deal."
• Rick Cleveland, Emmy-Award winning writer "The West Wing."
• Joe Nussbaum, director, "Sydney White" and "George Lucas In Love."
• Mark Harris, Academy Award winning documentary filmmaker, "The Long Way Home" and USC professor
The winner of the Viewer's Choice Award will premiere at the Samsung Fresh Films Youth Fest 2008, a part of the American Film Institute's AFI Fest. The Samsung producers will submit other top-achieving films to national and international film festivals.
View the "Out With The Trash" trailer below:
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.