I love Thanksgiving. I love the food, the family, the time off from work and the football. But I also love that it's a time of year to give thanks.
We all complain â€“ some of us, an awful lot. But sitting down and thinking about what I'm really thankful for â€“ in Milwaukee, alone â€“ was pretty easy. In fact, I came up with my personal thankful list in under five minutes. Given more time, it would be much longer.
Try it yourself. Take five minutes and write down what you're thankful for in Milwaukee (skipping the obvious friends, family and good health). Is your list longer than mine?
- The Brewers bargains of Ryan Braun and Yovani Gallardo
- Mike McCarthy's willingness to grow a Movember mustache and Aaron Rodgers' willingness to grow a 'stache any time at all
- Ample fresh, clean Milwaukee water
- Cream City brick
- Cream City Pale Ale
- Lake Michigan views
- The Hoan Bridge
- A dedicated Milwaukee Police Department, despite the newspaper's attempt to bring it down
- A great mayor in Tom Barrett
- Bryant's Cocktail Lounge
- Milwaukee's (mostly) friendly Twitter community
- The privately-funded Milwaukee Art Museum
- State Fair
- Real Chili
- Four distinct Milwaukee seasons
- Milwaukee Public Market
- For me, fun side projects like guest hosting Real Milwaukee, Kramp and Adler and a regular spot on Dave and Carole
- The 400,000 monthly readers of OnMilwaukee.com