OnMilwaukee.com is growing, and that means we've created a new position that needs to be filled. Call it programmer or Web developer, but this an especially exciting job, because it means you're an instrumental part in building the ever-evolving software that powers Milwaukee's best (and only) daily online magazine.
The official job description is below, but if you really want to stand out, prove to us that you're an excellent communicator, that you love Milwaukee, and you're coming in with great ideas about how to make our business even better.
Is this you? Let's talk.
- Web development
- This position is responsible for development and maintenance, including programming, testing and documentation
- Cross platform browser testing and troubleshooting
- Continually seek opportunities to increase efficiencies and grow professionally and personally
- General IT support for OnMilwaukee.com staff
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members
- Customer contact
- Provide support for Systems Administrator
- Great communications skills
- Experience with programming languages, preferred include: Ruby, Perl, and PHP, as well as relational databases.
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails or other MVC framework
- Knowledge of UNIX systems
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Proficiency with social media tools
Salary is commensurate with experience. E-mails only, please.Read more...