We all have different people that we'd place on our "most important people in Milwaukee" lists.¬† I have several that I'd put on mine, but I need a bit more time to flesh out a full list like the one that Dave Begel recently compiled.¬†
Dave's list, of course, was well read, shared and discussed.¬† It also led to others creating similar lists.¬† One came from Alex Runner.¬† Via Facebook, Runner, a former aid to Ald. Willie Hines, current blogger and civic leader, posted his take on the list.¬† I asked him if we could share it, so here it is.¬†
"In response to OnMilwaukee.com's Dave Begel's list of Milwaukee's 14 Most Important People, here is mine:
- Walnut Way founder Sharon Adams
- Fix Development CEO Juli Kaufmann
- City Clerk Jim Owczarski, who really runs the city council
- Ghassan Korban, who literally oversees the foundation and infrastructure of Milwaukee
- Bay View native and world-class developer Gary Grunau
- Vangard Development chief Kalan Haywood
- Judge Derek Mosley -- OK, Dave got that right
- Jennifer Gonda, who fights for our city in Madison, day-in and day-out on behalf of the mayor
- Fondy Food Center genius Young Kim
- Martin Drive neighborhood creator Pat Mueller
- Gina Bianchi and all MPS principals who shape and strengthen outstanding public school cultures
- Pastor Walter Harvey, for feeding the soul of Milwaukee
- Riverside University High School alumni and aldermanic leaders Nik Kovac and Milele A. Coggs (tied)
- Avenues West Executive Director Keith Stanley"
So, that's Alex Runner's list.¬† Who is on your Milwaukee list?¬†
No Talkbacks for this article.
Post your comment/review now
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.
Recent Articles & Blogs by Jeff Sherman
Published May 25, 2016
The "Best Bars in America" feature has been around since 2006. And - of course - a lot has changed on the drinking scene here and in every city in America. One change, no Milwaukee bars appear on this year's list.
Published May 23, 2016
To help celebrate 30 years of "Love & Hope & Sex & Dreams," the T-Bone Burnett-produced debut by Milwaukee's own BoDeans, Milwaukee-based Sprecher Brewing is releasing BoDeans Original Ginger Brew.
Published May 20, 2016
This warms my Milwaukee heart. Not only am I a Bucks and NBA fan, easily one of my favorite restaurants in the area in the Calderone Club. Both got some national love this week.
Published May 14, 2016
If you are tackling your lawn on your own this spring and summer, it's always good to consult an expert first. I've done just that here.
Published May 12, 2016
A few weeks ago, Donald Driver and Bo Ryan were inducted into the Wisconsin Athletic Hall of Fame. I recently found the 1995 induction ceremony featuring emcee Bob Costas and an amazing list of inductees including Al McGuire, Robin Yount and The Big O.
Published May 4, 2016
As we look at the growth in greater Downtown, I think a place like City Winery could do well. It's unique, large and creates an experience that's missing in our market. But, what do I know? What do you think?
Published May 2, 2016
I knew I had lost it. I went for a walk last Saturday and took only my phone and debit card. The phone was for some podcast catch up and the debit card for a quick stop at the grocery store on the way home.
Published April 22, 2016
Eating and drinking inside the Milwaukee Public Museum isn't usually allowed. But for events like Moveable Feast and, of course, the annual Food & Froth Festival, it's embraced, encouraged and wonderful.
Published April 20, 2016
As plans for a new Grand Avenue continue to develop, which grocer would be the best for the heart of Downtown Milwaukee? Which store do you want on Wisconsin Avenue?
Published April 18, 2016
Brian D. Till is the James H. Keyes Dean of Business Administration at Marquette University, a position he has held since July 2015. Jeff Sherman sat down with him recently to talk about MU, Milwaukee, business education and more.