We all have different people that we'd place on our "most important people in Milwaukee" lists.Â I have several that I'd put on mine, but I need a bit more time to flesh out a full list like the one that Dave Begel recently compiled.Â
Dave's list, of course, was well read, shared and discussed.Â It also led to others creating similar lists.Â One came from Alex Runner.Â Via Facebook, Runner, a former aid to Ald. Willie Hines, current blogger and civic leader, posted his take on the list.Â I asked him if we could share it, so here it is.Â
"In response to OnMilwaukee.com's Dave Begel's list of Milwaukee's 14 Most Important People, here is mine:
- Walnut Way founder Sharon Adams
- Fix Development CEO Juli Kaufmann
- City Clerk Jim Owczarski, who really runs the city council
- Ghassan Korban, who literally oversees the foundation and infrastructure of Milwaukee
- Bay View native and world-class developer Gary Grunau
- Vangard Development chief Kalan Haywood
- Judge Derek Mosley -- OK, Dave got that right
- Jennifer Gonda, who fights for our city in Madison, day-in and day-out on behalf of the mayor
- Fondy Food Center genius Young Kim
- Martin Drive neighborhood creator Pat Mueller
- Gina Bianchi and all MPS principals who shape and strengthen outstanding public school cultures
- Pastor Walter Harvey, for feeding the soul of Milwaukee
- Riverside University High School alumni and aldermanic leaders Nik Kovac and Milele A. Coggs (tied)
- Avenues West Executive Director Keith Stanley"
So, that's Alex Runner's list.Â Who is on your Milwaukee list?Â
No Talkbacks for this article.
Post your comment/review now
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.
Recent Articles & Blogs by Jeff Sherman
Published Sept. 29, 2016
Beginning today, all 125 McDonald's restaurants in Southeastern Wisconsin have expanded All Day Breakfast menu items to include McGriddles and Biscuit breakfast sandwiches.
Published Sept. 15, 2016
We are Marquette! U-rah-rah! Wisconsin! It's really no surprise that both Marquette University and the University of Wisconsin-Madison rank in the top 20 for "colleges with the most school spirit."
Published Sept. 8, 2016
This weekend and next week you'll have the chance to casually explore the custom fit clothing world of J. Hilburn as the brand brings its fashions to Milwaukee via the #JHFitTour at three local destinations.
Published Sept. 2, 2016
The Milwaukee Public Market will encourage people to "pet their whistle" as it helps raise money for the Wisconsin Humane Society this weekend.
Published Sept. 1, 2016
Milwaukee visionary and philanthropist, Michael Cudahy, has lost his swans and needs help locating them.
Published Aug. 29, 2016
This story isn't new, but I just heard about it. And it actually never mentions a "Milwaukee" chicken - but the chicken in question just happens to be Milwaukee native and current Milwaukee Brewers skipper, Craig Counsell.
Published Aug. 24, 2016
Milwaukee native Sarah Hoye has spent more than a decade as a reporter and storyteller for Al Jazeera America, CNN and The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Her latest CNN piece is a must read and a great conversation starter around town.
Published Aug. 20, 2016
Corner Bakery will replace the Baker's Square at 1305 E. Capitol Dr. in the Village of Shorewood.
Published Aug. 11, 2016
OnMilwaukee is once again honored to support Potawatomi Hotel and Casino's Heart of Canal Street program. As a long-time partner and passionate community advocate we're also thrilled to announced that this year we'll help support our long-time partner, the Milwaukee Public Museum (MPM).
Published Aug. 9, 2016
You'll be skeptical, I'm sure. But I think you'll love the new Nexflix documentary "Tony Robbins: I'm Not Your Guru." It's an amazing look at motivational speaker and his team as they hold one of his marquee events in Boca Raton, Fla.