We all have different people that we'd place on our "most important people in Milwaukee" lists.¬† I have several that I'd put on mine, but I need a bit more time to flesh out a full list like the one that Dave Begel recently compiled.¬†
Dave's list, of course, was well read, shared and discussed.¬† It also led to others creating similar lists.¬† One came from Alex Runner.¬† Via Facebook, Runner, a former aid to Ald. Willie Hines, current blogger and civic leader, posted his take on the list.¬† I asked him if we could share it, so here it is.¬†
"In response to OnMilwaukee.com's Dave Begel's list of Milwaukee's 14 Most Important People, here is mine:
- Walnut Way founder Sharon Adams
- Fix Development CEO Juli Kaufmann
- City Clerk Jim Owczarski, who really runs the city council
- Ghassan Korban, who literally oversees the foundation and infrastructure of Milwaukee
- Bay View native and world-class developer Gary Grunau
- Vangard Development chief Kalan Haywood
- Judge Derek Mosley -- OK, Dave got that right
- Jennifer Gonda, who fights for our city in Madison, day-in and day-out on behalf of the mayor
- Fondy Food Center genius Young Kim
- Martin Drive neighborhood creator Pat Mueller
- Gina Bianchi and all MPS principals who shape and strengthen outstanding public school cultures
- Pastor Walter Harvey, for feeding the soul of Milwaukee
- Riverside University High School alumni and aldermanic leaders Nik Kovac and Milele A. Coggs (tied)
- Avenues West Executive Director Keith Stanley"
So, that's Alex Runner's list.¬† Who is on your Milwaukee list?¬†
No Talkbacks for this article.
Post your comment/review now
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.
Recent Articles & Blogs by Jeff Sherman
Published March 26, 2015
Courtesy of our friends at the Hunger Task Force, we have a meet and greet opportunity for you. Just read on to bid on a chance to win two great seats for Hunt's show on April 4 at The Rave and you'll also score a meet and greet with this rising country star.
Published March 21, 2015
This interview was a real treat. It was an opportunity for me to sit down with not only a former boss, Joe Sweeney, but a friend, adviser and mentor who's helped motivate, guide and inspire me.
Published March 9, 2015
Verlo and its recently-renovated flagship store at 6501 W. Layton Ave. wants to change how your shop for sleep. The Milwaukee-maker of mattresses isn't alone in wanting to solve our sleep challenges or change our minds about what we want and need in a mattress. It is, though, unique in its transparent, modern and comfortable approach.
Published March 3, 2015
Dwight Hopfauf is a former Milwaukee resident and the former assistant general manger at Milwaukee's Hilton City Center in Downtown. These days he's basking in "The Bachelor" limelight at Hotel Julien Dubuque.
Published Feb. 27, 2015
The Celebrities section of GQ (digital and print in March) features a story with Swedish Canadian actress Malin Akerman. The photos showcase the actress with the Bucks Giannis Antetokounmpo.
Published Feb. 24, 2015
The first phase of construction officially begins today on an 85,000-square foot, two-level flagship Roundy's Metro Market in the Village of Shorewood. Completion is estimated for January 2016.
Published Feb. 23, 2015
Out for a few beers. Boom. Killed a young woman, and the driver's off to jail. It's a sad story that should have an impact.
Published Feb. 18, 2015
Cold doesn't bother us. We wear hats. And, these days, Bucks hats seem to be everywhere,
Published Feb. 12, 2015
Amazon Prime's "Mozart in the Jungle" is the exact reason why today's news from the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra announcing that music director Edo de Waart will step down is so very interesting.
Published Feb. 10, 2015
A new, international and insanely cool bars list includes a Milwaukee favorite. And, it's one of only three U.S. stops on the list.