We all have different people that we'd place on our "most important people in Milwaukee" lists.¬† I have several that I'd put on mine, but I need a bit more time to flesh out a full list like the one that Dave Begel recently compiled.¬†
Dave's list, of course, was well read, shared and discussed.¬† It also led to others creating similar lists.¬† One came from Alex Runner.¬† Via Facebook, Runner, a former aid to Ald. Willie Hines, current blogger and civic leader, posted his take on the list.¬† I asked him if we could share it, so here it is.¬†
"In response to OnMilwaukee.com's Dave Begel's list of Milwaukee's 14 Most Important People, here is mine:
- Walnut Way founder Sharon Adams
- Fix Development CEO Juli Kaufmann
- City Clerk Jim Owczarski, who really runs the city council
- Ghassan Korban, who literally oversees the foundation and infrastructure of Milwaukee
- Bay View native and world-class developer Gary Grunau
- Vangard Development chief Kalan Haywood
- Judge Derek Mosley -- OK, Dave got that right
- Jennifer Gonda, who fights for our city in Madison, day-in and day-out on behalf of the mayor
- Fondy Food Center genius Young Kim
- Martin Drive neighborhood creator Pat Mueller
- Gina Bianchi and all MPS principals who shape and strengthen outstanding public school cultures
- Pastor Walter Harvey, for feeding the soul of Milwaukee
- Riverside University High School alumni and aldermanic leaders Nik Kovac and Milele A. Coggs (tied)
- Avenues West Executive Director Keith Stanley"
So, that's Alex Runner's list.¬† Who is on your Milwaukee list?¬†
No Talkbacks for this article.
Post your comment/review now
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.
Recent Articles & Blogs by Jeff Sherman
Published Feb. 5, 2016
The new Shorewood Metro Market, 4075 N. Oakland Ave., opens Feb. 16, less than a year after the company bulldozed its old Pick 'N Save location that stood just north of the new building.
Published Jan. 28, 2016
The Milwaukee Muddpie, a pizza featuring chicken, pepperoni, bacon, BBQ sauce, ranch, jalapenos and banana peppers will debut Friday at the Bucks vs. Heat game. It was created by five team members.
Published Jan. 27, 2016
Finding the right game for the entire family much less you and your partner can be tough. At the Sherman home, we've gone simple, old school lately with Uno.
Published Jan. 21, 2016
Our health journey is a marathon not a sprint. For me, I focus on it daily by doing the same things day in and say out. And, when I don't I feel off and unbalanced. Here's a glimpse into my consistent daily habits.
Published Jan. 18, 2016
In 2016, Lee Brice will headline the "Life Off My Years" tour, and bring his show back to Wisconsin to the Milwaukee Theatre on April 7.
Published Jan. 16, 2016
After having been removed for alterations, the controversial Jaume Plensa sculpture "Spillover II" was reinstalled today in Atwater Park on Lake Drive in Shorewood.
Published Jan. 13, 2016
Former basketball player and current Wisconsin State Rep. Dale Kooyenga (R-Brookfield), sent a news release yesterday weighing in with his thoughts on the Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association's clamp down on fan behavior.
Published Jan. 6, 2016
Start the New Year off right with this in-house designed and frame ready, 2016 OnMilwaukee skyline calendar. it is perfect for your office or home. Buy it now, and/or register to win one.
Published Dec. 26, 2015
I live my life, as much as I can, in this order: faith, family, friends, Milwaukee, Marquette and the Bucks. That list pretty much covers it all, and 2015 saw many highlights, big stories and events, that included several of those things.
Published Dec. 23, 2015
The Boston Globe has published its list of hot travel destinations for 2016. Titled "From Maine to Cuba, the hot places for travel in 2016," travel writer Christopher Muther toasts ten trips, including on to Milwaukee.