We all have different people that we'd place on our "most important people in Milwaukee" lists.Â I have several that I'd put on mine, but I need a bit more time to flesh out a full list like the one that Dave Begel recently compiled.Â
Dave's list, of course, was well read, shared and discussed.Â It also led to others creating similar lists.Â One came from Alex Runner.Â Via Facebook, Runner, a former aid to Ald. Willie Hines, current blogger and civic leader, posted his take on the list.Â I asked him if we could share it, so here it is.Â
"In response to OnMilwaukee.com's Dave Begel's list of Milwaukee's 14 Most Important People, here is mine:
- Walnut Way founder Sharon Adams
- Fix Development CEO Juli Kaufmann
- City Clerk Jim Owczarski, who really runs the city council
- Ghassan Korban, who literally oversees the foundation and infrastructure of Milwaukee
- Bay View native and world-class developer Gary Grunau
- Vangard Development chief Kalan Haywood
- Judge Derek Mosley -- OK, Dave got that right
- Jennifer Gonda, who fights for our city in Madison, day-in and day-out on behalf of the mayor
- Fondy Food Center genius Young Kim
- Martin Drive neighborhood creator Pat Mueller
- Gina Bianchi and all MPS principals who shape and strengthen outstanding public school cultures
- Pastor Walter Harvey, for feeding the soul of Milwaukee
- Riverside University High School alumni and aldermanic leaders Nik Kovac and Milele A. Coggs (tied)
- Avenues West Executive Director Keith Stanley"
So, that's Alex Runner's list.Â Who is on your Milwaukee list?Â
No Talkbacks for this article.
Post your comment/review now
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.
Recent Articles & Blogs by Jeff Sherman
Published Nov. 25, 2015
Just in time for your favorite holiday gift giving, a new tin features 21 coaster gift cards to 20 performing arts groups and venues in Milwaukee. Each coaster is redeemable for a "buy one ticket, get one free" offer.
Published Nov. 23, 2015
The Milwaukee Bucks continue to expand their retail footprint with the opening of a new, satellite Bucks Pro Shop location inside Moda 3, 320 E. Buffalo St., in the Third Ward.
Published Nov. 19, 2015
The latest Bucks video spot was released today and will begin airing locally in Milwaukee in the coming days. Titled "Our City," the ad helps to illustrate the power of basketball to connect the community,
Published Nov. 13, 2015
The hotel scene in Downtown Milwaukee, like nearly everything, is changing quickly. Here's a short list of what's up next in greater Downtown. Which ones are you most looking forward to? Chime in and check in.
Published Nov. 13, 2015
Last night, one of the smoke detectors in our attic was beeping. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to get the battery compartment open. I turned, of course, to Google. And, almost instantly, the job was done.
Published Nov. 10, 2015
Lisa Kennedy Montgomery has been in Milwaukee since Friday preparing for tonight's Republican Presidential Debate. She's posting videos of her time in Brew City, and we are sharing them here.
Published Nov. 4, 2015
On Saturday you are invited to celebrate the Downtown region's future highlighted by a performance from hip hop icon DMC and an appearance from Bucks legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Published Nov. 3, 2015
Last week, Stein Gardens and Gifts debuted a new logo and name. After 69 years as Stein Gardens and Gifts, the company is now Stein's Garden and Home.
Published Oct. 30, 2015
Managing 16.5 million gallons of water a year with green infrastructure, UW-Milwaukee is making great strides reducing water pollution in a heavily urbanized area.
Published Oct. 29, 2015
Not lacing up your running shoes this weekend? Here are 10 great spots to watch the PNC Milwaukee Running Festival.