We all have different people that we'd place on our "most important people in Milwaukee" lists. I have several that I'd put on mine, but I need a bit more time to flesh out a full list like the one that Dave Begel recently compiled.
Dave's list, of course, was well read, shared and discussed. It also led to others creating similar lists. One came from Alex Runner. Via Facebook, Runner, a former aid to Ald. Willie Hines, current blogger and civic leader, posted his take on the list. I asked him if we could share it, so here it is.
"In response to OnMilwaukee.com's Dave Begel's list of Milwaukee's 14 Most Important People, here is mine:
- Walnut Way founder Sharon Adams
- Fix Development CEO Juli Kaufmann
- City Clerk Jim Owczarski, who really runs the city council
- Ghassan Korban, who literally oversees the foundation and infrastructure of Milwaukee
- Bay View native and world-class developer Gary Grunau
- Vangard Development chief Kalan Haywood
- Judge Derek Mosley -- OK, Dave got that right
- Jennifer Gonda, who fights for our city in Madison, day-in and day-out on behalf of the mayor
- Fondy Food Center genius Young Kim
- Martin Drive neighborhood creator Pat Mueller
- Gina Bianchi and all MPS principals who shape and strengthen outstanding public school cultures
- Pastor Walter Harvey, for feeding the soul of Milwaukee
- Riverside University High School alumni and aldermanic leaders Nik Kovac and Milele A. Coggs (tied)
- Avenues West Executive Director Keith Stanley"
So, that's Alex Runner's list. Who is on your Milwaukee list?
No Talkbacks for this article.
Post your comment/review now
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.
Recent Articles & Blogs by Jeff Sherman
Published Dec. 19, 2014
The Milwaukee Coffee Guild's unique holiday offering, the "Milwaukee Coffee Passport," gets you a free 12-ounce drink at participating local coffee shops.
Published Dec. 18, 2014
Family owned and operated since 1922, A.J. Ugent Furs and Fashions features an extensive collection of furs, leathers, shearlings, woolens for men and women.
Published Dec. 16, 2014
With the holiday seasons in full swing, OnMilwaukee.com, our ShopLocal marketplace and Local First Milwaukee have teamed to offer many unique, local items and deals. Here's the first one.
Published Dec. 10, 2014
The SURG Restuarant Group and owners Michael Polaski and Omar Shaikh have brought together some unique "once in a lifetime" opportunities all to help a friend and military leader with more than 20 years of service.
Published Dec. 9, 2014
Come on, good people of Milwaukee, let's put an end to the phrase "I'll do the ...." It's "may I please have (or order) the honey wheat bagel?" "Thank you." That's how you place your order.
Published Dec. 7, 2014
Thrillist has issued its 2014 list of "The 21 Best New Restaurants in America." And, one Milwaukee restaurant makes the cut.
Published Dec. 2, 2014
They're fun, easy to use, free for those less then 30-minute trips to meetings and a great addition to our city's transit infrastructure. But, after today, they're gone for the season.
Published Dec. 1, 2014
The Milwaukee Holiday Lights Festival ornaments are one-of-a-kind keepsakes. Great gifts for family, friends, co-workers and business associates, each year features an iconic Downtown landmark cast in pewter.
Published Dec. 1, 2014
Cracked Designs brings a unique flare and fun to its posters, cards, T-shirts and more.
Published Nov. 30, 2014
Griselda Aldrete is a Milwaukeean by birth, but spent her early childhood in Mexico. Leadership, mentorship and community are her passion points. She talks about these and more in this latest edition of "Milwaukee Talks."