'Tis still the season for non-stop parties, photo ops and public appearances, so add some holiday sparkle to your makeup routine!
The most requested look I get at this time of year is the "smoky eye," and I'd like to share my secrets for a long-lasting, sexy look that you can achieve on your own with the right products and tools.
I've added a glittery topper perfect for New Year's Eve fetes using my new go-to glitters by Eye Kandy Cosmetics. They are super-fine and really easy to work with, making fab shimmer attainable for all!
The key to this makeup is layering products and blending, blending, blending! Invest in quality brushes and practice using them to achieve professional, polished peepers. The products, brushes and step-by-step instructions are listed below, along with a video tutorial for my visual learners.
The look I do in the video is a cleaner, bronze-y version of the exact same makeup I'm wearing in the picture, except mine is a more messy, darker, rock 'n' roll translation using the exact same technique. Tweak the colors and the shape to make this beautiful look your own!
Have fun "making up," and may the rest of your holiday season be glittery and glam!
- Eye shadow primer (Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer)
- Two soft, blendable eye liners (Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil or MAC Eye Kohl) – one for eyelid and to line under eye and one very black to rim waterline. (You can use black for both like I did!)
- Two eye shadows – one darker that coordinates with eyeliner for lid and under eye and a lighter shade for under brow bone (Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette)
- Glitter (Eye Kandy Cosmetics Sprinkles)
- Glitter adhesive (Eye Kandy Cosmetics Liquid Sugar)
- Mascara (L'Oreal Voluminous)
- False lashes
- Lash adhesive (Duo)
- Eye shadow brushes (MAC No. 242, No. 252, No. 217, No. 219, No. 224)
- Glitter application brush(es) (Eye Kandy Cosmetics Brush Large and Small)
Step One: Apply primer to eyelid from lash li…Read more...