Last week, I posted a blog listing five local restaurants I plan to revisit in the near future. Apparently, my brain is now in list mode because on my way to work this morning, I thought of a bunch of places I would like to have a cocktail with my "mom friends" on Sunday after I thoroughly enjoy the breakfast my sons plan to buy me. (Hopefully at one of the places on my list from last week.)
Anyway, if I should be so lucky to break away for a couple of hours, I know two things. One: I will wear my "Mommy Needs A Drink" T-shirt. Two: I will be at one of these establishments:
1. Paddyâ€™s Pub, 2239 N. Murray Ave. -- I did not make it there for St. Patrickâ€™s Day this year, and Iâ€™ve had a hankering to go ever since. Sure, I can drink my Guinness anywhere, but thereâ€™s something about drinking a Guinness at Paddyâ€™s that makes me feel like Iâ€™m a few blocks closer to Ireland.
2. Sugar Maple, 441 E. Lincoln Ave. -- With 60 beers to choose from, chances are every beer-drinking mom in the city can find a pleasing libation. Plus, those moms far more sensible than I -- those who donâ€™t suck down a smoke with their suds -- will appreciate the airy, smoke-free environment.
3. La Perla, 734 S. 5th St. -- Drinking margaritas on the rooftop patio sounds like a lovely way to spend a kid-free afternoon. The key is to indulge in no more than a couple of drinks. Otherwise, the scene might quickly deteriorate into a "Moms Gone Wild" scenario starring drunken MILFs and a mechanical pepper.
4. Art Bar, 722 E. Burleigh St. -- Since Cafe Corazon opened just a block to the east, I frequent Art Bar less than I used to. However, it is still one of my favorite Riverwest watering holes and I have yet to have one of its mojitos this season. Hence, I just might swing by for something muddled.
5. Hi-Hat Lounge,Â 1701 N. Arlington Pl. -- I always appreciate the mix of fancy and casual at the Hi-Hat and it has been a while since I drank one of its Bloody Mar…Read more...