Published Aug. 27, 2014
In Franklin, just across 68th Street from the House of Correction there's a barn. Built in 1946, it's one heck of a barn. This attractive red and white marker of a rural Milwaukee past -- now part of Hunger Task Force's The Farm -- stands in stark contrast to the low, modern, blandness of the jail -- and its ominous razor-wire fences -- across the street. But the history of the two are intertwined.