Published Jan. 4, 2013
For decades the 80-plus acre tract of land between the train tracks and Hopkins Avenue bustled with activity. As many as 10,000 workers for A. O. Smith from 1910 to 1997- and, from 1997 until 2006, Tower Automotive - worked there in dozens of buildings. Those buildings are almost completely gone. But we took a look into two that remain.