State Fair by the numbers
Wisconsin State Fair officials have announced another year of record-breaking numbers set by the 2012 State Fair.
Among the 920,962 attendees to this year's 11-day fair run, 127,883 of those attended Sunday, Aug. 5, setting a record for the highest single-day attendance in over a decade. The 2012 total also surpassed last year's combined attendance, which came in at 911,231.
Here are more fast facts from the 2012 Wisconsin State Fair:
- The Wisconsin Bakers Association sold over 375,000 Original Cream Puffs.
- Catalano's kept fair-goers hydrated with 44,365 lemonades consumed during the 11 days.
- In the Wisconsin Products Pavilion, the Real Wisconsin Cheese Grill sold 60,358 grilled cheese sandwiches.
- The Wisconsin Potato Growers served up 56,500 baked potatoes.
- Fair-goers enjoyed over 31,000 Usinger's Sausages.
The 2013 Wisconsin State Fair will return Aug. 1–11, 2013. For more information and announcements throughout the year, visit WiStateFair.com.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.