Tips for attending the U.S. Women's Open
With the U.S. Women's Open only four days away there are some important things patrons should know before heading to the Championship.
Spectators should aware of parking and ticket info as well as what to bring and how to dress for the summer weather.
What to Wear/Bring
- It is highly recommended and encouraged that all patrons wear soft-spiked golf shoes. Though Blackwolf Run has an expansive network of cart paths throughout the golf course from which to enjoy the championship, there are also many wonderful natural viewing areas off the cart paths where soft-spiked golf shoes will be immensely helpful in traversing the grounds of Blackwolf Run while enjoying these natural viewing areas.
- Average July temperatures range from a high of 82 degrees to a low of 62 degrees. Remember to wear light-colored cool clothing and sun protection: sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses.
- Cameras are only allowed on the championship grounds during practice rounds, Monday through Wednesday, and then only for personal, non-commercial use. No photography is permitted in the presence of a player from the time she addresses the ball until the completion of her swing. (i.e., when a marshal's arms are raised). Camcorders or other video recording devices are not permitted at any time.
- Will Call facilities will be located on-site at Blackwolf Run for patrons to drop off and pick up credentials just outside the Main Admission Gate. Photo identification will be required to pick up any credentials left at Will Call. Will Call facilities cannot be accessed by vehicles at any time. Patrons who need to pick up or drop off credentials at Will Call can do so during posted hours upon arrival or departure from the grounds via the Admission Sales and Will Call office trailer located just outside the Main Admission Gate.
- U.S. Women's Open Championship e-tickets or badges are required to gain entry into the championship. Your U.S. Women's Open e-ticket or badge must be on your person at all times. All e-tickets and badges are scanned upon entry. Please have your e-ticket or credential out and ready to be scanned when you approach the admission gate.
- Junior Access – Children 17 years of age and under will be allowed complimentary admission on a daily basis when accompanied by a credentialed (e-ticket or badge) adult. Children will be able to immediately enter the admission gate area accompanied by a credentialed adult. A separate "junior ticket" is not required and all children who gain entry are minors, and as such are under the supervision of an accompany credentialed adult and his/ her agreement to the terms set forth and referenced within their e-ticket and/or badge. Please note that children 17 and under are not allowed complimentary access to any corporate hospitality venue without a proper badge, but are allowed complimentary access to the Trophy Club where their accompanying credentialed adult has such access.
- There will be no daily re-admittance to the grounds of the Championship. If you leave the grounds, you must have a new (un-scanned) credential to return to the Championship. A credential, once scanned for the day, will no longer gain admission to the Championship. In the event Weather Warning signs are officially posted on any given day of the Championship, the no re-admittance policy will not be in effect for the remainder of that same day.
- Please carpool whenever possible. Bold lines indicate recommended routes to Lot C (general public).
- From the north or south: Access Highway 23 from I-43 at Exit 126. Proceed west and exit at Hwy Y. Proceed south to Twin Oaks Rd., then east following the map as indicated to Lot C.
- From the west: Access Highway Y from Highway 23. Proceed south to Twin Oaks Rd., then east following the map as indicated to Lot C.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.