Milwaukee firefighters have been raising money throughout the year to support the "Warm Up Winter" campaign. At the conclusion of this year’s campaign, Milwaukee firefighters will have donated 23,000 new winter coats to children across 42 Milwaukee-area schools over a five-year period.
Oftentimes, when children do not have proper coats, they will either not go to school, or they will not participate in outdoor recess which helps them burn excess energy that then allows them to focus during class. Providing warm coats to these children protects them from the harsh Wisconsin winter while helping them be better students.
This past June, Milwaukee-area residents helped raise nearly $130,000 when Milwaukee firefighters collected donations at intersections throughout Milwaukee. Thanks to the generosity of supporters, Milwaukee firefighters will deliver 7,000 new winter coats to students at twelve schools in the City of Milwaukee this year.
To make a donation, or get more information, please use the following link: www.warmupwinter.org.
2016 schedule of events
- 9 a.m.: Story Elementary, 3815 W. Kilbourn Ave.
- 1 p.m.: Milwaukee Academy Chinese Language, 2030 W. Wisconsin Ave.
- 9 a.m.: Neeskara Elementary, 1601 W. Hadley St.
- 1 p.m.: Holmes Elementary, 2463 N. Buffum St.
- 9 a.m.: Park View Elementary, 10825 W. Villard Ave.
- 1 p.m.: Keefe Avenue School, 1618 W. Keefe Ave.
- 1 p.m.: Greater Holy Temple, 5575 N. 76th St.
- 8:30 a.m.: U.S. Grant Elementary, 2920 W. Grant St.
- 10:30 a.m.: Greenfield Bilingual, 1711 S. 35th St.
- 1 p.m.: Longfellow Elementary, 1021 S. 21st St.
- 8:30 a.m.: Barton Elementary, 5700 N. Green Tree Rd.
- 11:30 a.m.: Stuart School, 7001 N. 86th St.