Neighborhood Development Innovation Award finalists announced
Last night, LISC Milwaukee announced 16 finalists for the Milwaukee Awards for Neighborhood Development Innovation, selected from public nominations by an independent, cross-sector volunteer committee.
The MANDIs, sponsored by U.S. Bank, are scheduled to take place on Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at The Pfister Hotel, and recognize efforts by individuals, organizations and corporations to strengthen Milwaukee's central city neighborhoods.
Brewers Community Foundation Public Space Award
- Three Bridges Park
- Milwaukee Rotary Centennial Arboretum
- Journey House Packers Football Stadium
BMO Harris Cornerstone Award
- Havenwoods Economic Development Corporation
- Martin Luther King Economic Development Corporation
- Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity
- United Methodist Children's Services of Wisconsin
Northern Trust Navigator Award
- Charles Brown, Journey House
- Jan Christenson, YMCA of Metro Milwaukee
- Howard Snyder, Northwest Side Community Development Corp.
PNC Bank Trail Blazer Award
- 16th Street Community Health Center's Kinnickinnic River Corridor Initiative
- Independence First Mobility Store
- Just One More Ministry
State Farm Building Blocks Award
- King Drive Commons IV, Martin Luther King Economic Development Corporation in partnership with Impact 7
- Rent to Own Homes, Layton Boulevard West Neighbors in partnership with Impact 7
- Westlawn Gardens, Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee
LISC's Board also announced that the "Vision Award" will be presented to Northwestern Mutual.
LISC Milwaukee strives to transform distressed urban neighborhoods into healthy, thriving communities full of chance and opportunity. For more information on LISC Milwaukee and the MANDIs, visit the LISC Milwaukee website here.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.