Nuggets for the New Year
I know that the spirit of Christmas and the turning of a new year mean hope and good things ahead.
To start 2017, I've compiled a few thoughts, inspirational nuggets and observations that may make you smile, think and maybe even motivate you a bit to make this the best year yet. For me, these are daily reminders. It's a list I've kept for a while and refer to often. Figured it was time to share it.
Opportunity and challenges await us all in this new year.
Let's kick butt in 2017, and know that ...
- We need to become comfortable with discomfort and change. Use change, but through change find your foundation and know who you are.
- Every thing can and will change in an instant.
- God finds you where you are
- Faith works. But so does your mind. Think, reason, work hard. Then, work harder.
- We are called to be great and to sing that song that's inside of us.
- Patience takes practice and it's hard, but that's OK.
- Your city and community need you tell great stories about them. Be a civic champion. Care, connect and contribute in your community.
- It is not always about what you've learned rather who you know. Listen, care and connect with people.
- It's not easy but it's what you make of it. Live your life.
- You should fill your mind, heart and soul with good words, every day.
- You should treat your body well too. Walk, exercise and eat well.
- We need to write down our goals and tackle them with hard work and passion.
- All who have died before you are watching over you, guiding you and loving you. You are who you are because of the generations of people before you. Honor them and cherish them. Often.
- Weather shouldn't affect your mood, but it will. Don't let it. Embrace the change of season and appreciate the sun, wind, moon and stars.
- It's OK not to know it all.
- Someone always is going to have more than you. That's OK. You'll have what you need when you need it. But, it's totally OK to want and work hard for more. Always want more
- You're a leader.
- Daily habits are important.
- Things happen as they are meant to.
- Family is "always going to come out on top." Right, Jake?
- Spending money on stuff is too easy, when you have money be sure to spend it on others and experiences.
- You should love where you live.
- Talking to yourself and singing in the car by yourself are good. Do both. Often.
- God protects, guides, influences and even nudges. But, you have to do the work.
- Keb Mo's "Life is Beautiful" and Zac Brown Band's "Tomorrow Never Comes" are two great songs. Listen to both. Often.
- Your life is an occasion, rise to it. A quote from Mr. Magorium in the 2007 movie "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium." Watch it.
- You need to help push people through the curtain.
- Ideas happen when you wonder. Wonder more.
- Happiness is great but it's meaning that we all want and need. Find it, this year, if you haven't.
Onward, upward and here's to 2017.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.