This is a simple list, Milwaukee.Â Many of these ideas are far from game changing, but they all have good pay-it-forward qualities. Â
So, if you â€“ like me â€“ want to continue to move our city and area forward try a few of these in the coming weeks. Â Â
- Take a day off and be a tour guide for an out of town guest.
- Drive a different way to work.Â Get out of your routine and explore new areas. Â
- Make a local restaurant list and include those places that youâ€™ve "always wanted to go to but never have."Â Hereâ€™s mine from 2007.Â
- Have coffee with your alderman/woman, and provide feedback and ideas. Â
- Pick up garbage when you see it. Â Donâ€™t just walk past it. Â
- E-mail/contact/tweet a company/retailer/restaurant that you want to open a location in Milwaukee.
- Mail a "Milwaukee gift" (local coffee, sausage, a photo) to a friend with this note, "I love Milwaukee, and thought youâ€™d love a bit of it too."
- Attend a different place of worship. Â
- Buy season tickets and/or a membership to a local team, institution or group.Â Then, take a kid whoâ€™s never been to Discovery World, the Milwaukee Art Museum, Betty Brinn, etc. there for the day.Â The experience can be transformative for you and the kid.
Onward and On Milwaukee!Â