This is a simple list, Milwaukee. Many of these ideas are far from game changing, but they all have good pay-it-forward qualities.
So, if you – like me – want to continue to move our city and area forward try a few of these in the coming weeks.
- Take a day off and be a tour guide for an out of town guest.
- Drive a different way to work. Get out of your routine and explore new areas.
- Make a local restaurant list and include those places that you’ve "always wanted to go to but never have." Here’s mine from 2007.
- Have coffee with your alderman/woman, and provide feedback and ideas.
- Pick up garbage when you see it. Don’t just walk past it.
- E-mail/contact/tweet a company/retailer/restaurant that you want to open a location in Milwaukee.
- Mail a "Milwaukee gift" (local coffee, sausage, a photo) to a friend with this note, "I love Milwaukee, and thought you’d love a bit of it too."
- Attend a different place of worship.
- Buy season tickets and/or a membership to a local team, institution or group. Then, take a kid who’s never been to Discovery World, the Milwaukee Art Museum, Betty Brinn, etc. there for the day. The experience can be transformative for you and the kid.
Onward and On Milwaukee!