MPS students, teachers get $15k
Ten MPS students and educators have been awarded Herb Kohl Educational Foundation scholarships and fellowships.
Five students won $1,000 Kohl Foundation Initiative Scholarships, which recognize "exceptional initiative in the classroom" and "strong promise for succeeding in college and beyond."
The winning MPS students are:
- Aaliyah Barnes - Samuel Morse/John Marshall School for the Gifted and Talented
- Arieal Jones - Milwaukee School of Languages
- Brianna Portwood - Casimir Pulaski High School
- Taliyah Robinson - Milwaukee High School of the Arts
- Pamela Villanueva - Alexander Hamilton High School
Five educators won $1,000 Kohl Foundation Fellowships and were commended for their "superior ability to inspire a love of learning in their students, their ability to motivate others and for their leadership and service within and outside the classroom."
Winning MPS educators are:
- Renee Bast - Academy of Accelerated Learning
- Monica Czyzewski - Lincoln Avenue School
- Steven Glaeser - Ronald Reagan College Preparatory High School
- David Long - Rufus King International School
- Shoshannah Pass - William G. Bruce School
The teachers' schools all won $1,000, as well, bringing the total grant to $15,000 for MPS students and faculty.
The awards will be presented at noon on Saturday, March 23 at Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.