Happy Small Business Week, Milwaukee
Small business is just business, similar to the fact that "social media" is truly media.
Sure you put the "small" tag in front, but smaller sized businesses run with many of the same opportunities, challenges and mind sets as larger entities. And, truth be told, small businesses help drive and shape regions just as much as larger businesses.
We're all in it together, so this week Milwaukee's Small Business Conference will feature meetings, conferences, work shops, round tables and more. All with the goal of growing and developing the area's business arena.
Registration, for most events, is currently open and available.
The kick off is tonight at Hudson, in the Third Ward. It's a huge party at the innovative work space and you're invited. Just click here for details.
Tomorrow, Tuesday, you can hear the success story of one of Milwaukee's most recognized brands: Alterra Coffee Roasters. Lincoln Fowler, one of the founders, will share the Alterra story with small business owners and entrepreneurs at Manpower's Corporate Headquarters. The conference is $25.
The Office of Small Business Development (OSBD) hosts this conference annually to provide area small businesses with the tools they need for continued growth and success.
"Alterra is a household name and respected brand in this city and we are looking forward to Lincoln Fowler sharing his journey with other business owners and entrepreneurs," said Ossie Kendrix, manager of the Office of Small Business Development.
"In addition to a powerful keynote address, the conference also offers valuable information, resources and opportunities for business owners to learn best practices, interact one-on-one with key decision makers in the public and private sectors and connect with other entrepreneurs. This event is a smart investment for small business owners because we are offering a wealth of knowledge and putting them in front of people with decision-making power," added Kendrix.
The 2013 Small Business Conference includes interactive, informative workshops and breakout sessions focused on the following topics and facilitated by the organizations listed:
2013 Small Business Conference Workshops & Breakout Sessions
- Public Sector Contracting Panel Discussion featuring representatives from the City of Milwaukee, Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District and Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority
- Partnerships and Joint Ventures facilitated by Prism Technical
- Small Business Administration Lending facilitated by the SBA
- Introduction to Estimating and Bidding facilitated by the Department of Public Works
- Franchising facilitated by Anytime Fitness
- Taking Over the World: One Social Media Platform at a Time facilitated by Image Perspective
- How to Start a Business and Succeed facilitated by Wisconsin Women's Business Initiative Corporation
- Small Business Guide to Streamlining Business Processes and Growth Through Technology facilitated by Smart Wave
- Succession Planning for Small Business Owners facilitated by BMO Harris Bank
- Restaurant management facilitated by Antigua Latin Restaurant
- Using Metrics to Measure Your Business facilitated by Heartland Information Research
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.