So you think you’ve done it all at Summerfest? You’ve lost count how many times you’ve been there? If there was a “Summerfest OG Club” you’d be in it? Maybe even the club president? At least the Vice President?
Well here are 10 things that anyone who claims to be a die-hard Big Gig fan knows about.
- You know what “Meet me at the fountain” means.
- You have stacked empty beer cups and used them as a tall, single drinking vessel.
- You have danced on a bleacher during a concert.
- You have participated in a drum circle.
- You know bartenders cannot fill your cup beyond “the line” so you don’t nag them to do so.
- You are a woman who has used the men’s bathroom to avoid long lines (or if you are a man you’ve seen a woman do this).
- You have taken a break on the rocks (but certainly never done anything illegal while there).
- You know the name of the original restaurant that serves eggplant strips.
- You have taken the skyglider simply to avoid the massive crowds on the grounds or because you’re too drunk, lazy or tired.
- You know what it feels like to have your toes floating in beer after it’s spilled in your shoes.
Molly Snyder started writing and publishing her work at the age 10, when her community newspaper printed her poem, "The Unicorn.” Since then, she's expanded beyond the subject of mythical creatures and written in many different mediums but, nearest and dearest to her heart, thousands of articles for OnMilwaukee.
Molly is a regular contributor to FOX6 News and numerous radio stations as well as the co-host of "Dandelions: A Podcast For Women.” She's received five Milwaukee Press Club Awards, served as the Pfister Narrator and is the Wisconsin State Fair’s Celebrity Cream Puff Eating Champion of 2019.