The season may have wrapped up in strange, unexpected, bubbled fashion, but the Bucks 2019-20 campaign ended just as they planned from the beginning: as the number one seed in the playoffs, on the hunt for an NBA championship.
Their first foe on their quest for the Finals? The eight-seed Orlando Magic, who Milwaukee will face off against in a best-of-seven series in the bubble starting Tuesday, Aug. 18 at 12:30 p.m. on TNT – one of several afternoon games booked for this first-round series, which is surely bringing out a lot of calm reactions from Bucks fans.
The Bucks won all four of their regular season contests against Orlando, who went 3-5 in the bubble, including five straight losses. The Bucks also went 3-5 in the eight isolated warm-up games.
Here's the rest of the schedule against the Magic. (Start times and national TV networks have yet to be announced for games 5-7.)
- Game 1 – Tuesday, Aug. 18 at 12:30 p.m. (TNT and Fox Sports Wisconsin)
- Game 2 – Thursday, Aug. 20 at 5 p.m. (ESPN and Fox Sports Wisconsin)
- Game 3 – Saturday, Aug. 22 at noon (TNT and Fox Sports Wisconsin)
- Game 4 – Monday, Aug. 24 at 12:30 p.m. (NBATV and Fox Sports Wisconsin)
- Game 5 (if necessary) – Wednesday, Aug. 26 at TBD (Network TBD)
- Game 6 (if necessary) – Friday, Aug. 28 at TBD (Network TBD)
- Game 7 (if necessary) – Sunday, Aug. 30 at TBD (Network TBD)
Stay tuned to OnMilwaukee for more updates and announcements as the Bucks' push through the playoffs tips off next week.
As much as it is a gigantic cliché to say that one has always had a passion for film, Matt Mueller has always had a passion for film. Whether it was bringing in the latest movie reviews for his first grade show-and-tell or writing film reviews for the St. Norbert College Times as a high school student, Matt is way too obsessed with movies for his own good.
When he's not writing about the latest blockbuster or talking much too glowingly about "Piranha 3D," Matt can probably be found watching literally any sport (minus cricket) or working at - get this - a local movie theater. Or watching a movie. Yeah, he's probably watching a movie.