The Milwaukee Bucks will tip off the season at home for the second straight year when the Charlotte Hornets visit the BMO Harris Bradley Center on Wednesday, Oct. 26, the team announced today in conjunction with the release of the 2016-17 NBA regular season schedule.
The team’s season-opening homestand will continue with a matchup against the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday, Oct. 29, marking the first of 23 weekend home games for the Bucks in 2016-17.
Here is a link to the Bucks' full 2016-17 regular-season schedule.
Highlights of the schedule include:
- Nine games available to a national television audience, including two on ESPN (Jan. 6 vs. New York, March 15 at L.A. Clippers), one on TNT (Dec. 15 vs. Chicago), and the remaining six on NBA TV
- A pair of home games against the reigning NBA Champion Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday, Nov. 29, and Tuesday, Dec. 20
- The lone visit from the Western Conference Champion Golden State Warriors on Saturday, Nov. 19
- Two home matchups against the rival Chicago Bulls on Thursday, Dec. 15, and Sunday, March 26
- A Martin Luther King Jr. Day matinee against the Philadelphia 76ers on Jan. 16
The 2016-17 schedule features two road trips of four or more games, including a season-long six-game trip in March in which the Bucks will take on the Memphis Grizzlies, L.A. Clippers, L.A. Lakers, Golden State Warriors, Portland Trail Blazers and Sacramento Kings. This marks Milwaukee’s first road trip of six or more games since the 2009-10 season (Jan. 10-18, 2010). The Bucks have one four-game homestand from Dec. 3-9 featuring visits by Brooklyn, San Antonio, Portland and Atlanta.
Bucks fans can join the team and "Own the Future" by becoming a 2016-17 Bucks MVP Full Season Member today. Becoming an MVP with a full season ticket plan is the only way to guarantee the best seats to all 41 Bucks regular season home games, while receiving the best pricing, priority access to purchase tickets in the new arena, and exclusive MVP experiences and benefits. Fans can learn more about the MVP experience and purchase 2016-17 full season ticket plans by visiting bucks.com/tickets or calling (414) 227-0599.
Scheduling notes: The Bucks will play each team in the Eastern Conference four times with the exception of Boston (1 home, 2 road), Charlotte (2 home, 1 road), New York (2 home, 1 road) and Orlando (1 home, 2 road) … They will play each Western Conference team twice … The Bucks have 18 back-to-back sets, down from 20 a season ago (7 home/road, 7 road/road, 2 road/home, 2 home/home) … Schedule by month (home/road): October (2/1), November (8/5), December (7/9), January (8/7), February (5/6), March (9/9) and April (2/4) … Schedule by day of the week (home/road): Sunday (4/4), Monday (7/5), Tuesday (2/5), Wednesday (6/11), Thursday (3/3), Friday (11/6) and Saturday (8/7).