The next time you pop over to Camino, the Walker’s Point bar specializing in craft beer and inventive sandwiches, you might as well take a seat on the patio.
And that’s because, as of this week, its newly constructed Craft Beer Garden is officially open.
The work on the new patio space, which seats about 30, was just finished up this past week by Contractor Case, LLC, the folks behind Camino's interior.
The space features both open air seating – on two-tops or at picnic tables – as well as two-tops underneath a clear vinyl awning that’s perfect for sheltering diners and beer drinkers from brief summer showers.
And don’t be surprised if you see someone’s playful pooch enjoying a Milk-Bone underneath the table. After all, according to owner Casey Rataczak, the patio is also dog-friendly. Just be sure to make a trip inside to let the waitstaff know you’ve brought your furry companion along so that they can let you in through the patio gate.
While you’re at it, here’s a run-down of weekly specials that you can enjoy at Camino – either indoors or out.
- Monday through Friday: Free pierogi with a craft beer purchase, $2 PBR pints, buy-one-get-one wine and rails and $4 sausages from 2 to 5 p.m.
- Mondays: Service industry night featuring $5 burgers $5 sausages and $5 cocktail specials from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesdays: $10 burger (with unlimited toppings) and fries.
- Thursdays: Indulge in a flashback with The Social's macaroni and cheese featuring chicken, rosemary and goat cheese, just like Chef Kevin Sloan used to make it.
- Saturdays: Brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sundays: Brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and $0.75 wings from 5 p.m. to close.
Rataczak says he’ll also roll out additional monthly patio promotions for al fresco drinkers and diners, including a grill-out special featuring Camino’s Burgertime burgers with unlimited toppings.
Camino will also be hosting a patio party fundraiser this July for Pitties in the City, an urban pit bull rescue organization, featuring a special beer release. Watch Camino's Facebook page for details.
The Camino Craft Beer Garden is open 11 a.m. to midnight seven days a week.
Lori is an avid cook whose accrual of condiments and spices is rivaled only by her cookbook collection. Her passion for the culinary industry was birthed while balancing A&W root beer mugs as a teenage carhop, fed by insatiable curiosity and fueled by the people whose stories entwine with each and every dish. She’s had the privilege of chronicling these tales via numerous media, including OnMilwaukee and in her book “Milwaukee Food.” Her work has garnered journalism awards from entities including the Milwaukee Press Club.
When she’s not eating, photographing food, writing or recording the FoodCrush podcast, you’ll find Lori seeking out adventures with her husband Paul, traveling, cooking, reading, learning, snuggling with her cats and looking for ways to make a difference.