It may not feel like it outside right now, but opening day for the Brewers' 2019 season is just about three weeks away. This happy reminder that warmer days are coming is brought to you by the Brew Crew and today's announcement that ticket packages are now available for all of the team's upcoming Community Nights for the new season – including Cerveceros night, the Brewers' Negro Leagues tribute game (both on sale starting today) and more.
In total, Miller Park will host seven Community Night games this season, including:
- Sunday, March 31 vs. St. Louis Cardinals: Autism Awareness Day, featuring a ticket package that offers a special Brewers-themed Autism Awareness car decal and a $3 donation to the advocacy organization Autism Speaks in addition to, of course, a seat to the Brew Crew's spat against the Central Division rival Cardinals.
- Wednesday, June 5 vs. Miami Marlins Pride Night, featuring a ticket package that offers a special Pride-themed Brewers hat.
- Friday, June 7 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates: Negro Leagues tribute game, featuring not only the team donning special Milwaukee Bears throwback uniforms, also a vintage Lorenzo Cain bears replica jersey for those who purchase a seat via the Community Night ticket package. The game will also include a special pregame ceremony, autograph sessions, special appearances and tributes to former Negro League players.
- Saturday, July 13 vs. San Francisco Giants: Cerveceros Night, featuring a special collectible Cerveceros-themed Sugar Skull bobblehead with the purchase of a Community Night ticket package. The Brewers will also be in their popular Cerverceros alternate jerseys, while Latino entertainment and tributes will be included throughout the game and pregame.
- Tuesday, July 16 vs. Atlanta Braves: Bark at the Park, where fans can bring their four-legged Brew Crew supporters to the game with the purchase of the special Community Night ticket package, which will also come with a Brewers-themed rope toy, a pre-game parade and a portion of ticket package sales donated to the Wisconsin Humane Society and Animal Rescue Foundation.
- Friday, Aug. 23 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks: Law Enforcement Night, featuring a special commemorative coin, as well as a $5 donation to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, with the purchase of a Community Night ticket package.
- Monday, Sept. 16 vs. San Diego Padres: Hispanic Heritage Night, featuring special scoreboard features, in-game music selections and the Brewers in their popular Cerveceros alternative jerseys
Ticket packages – complete with all of these package-exclusive special giveaways – for all of these Community Nights are now on sale at the Brewers' website as well as over the phone at (414) 902-4000. For more information on tickets and ticket packages pertaining to the Brew Crew's upcoming Theme Nights – which include a Star Wars Night, a Game of Thrones Night, a tribute to the all-girls Milwaukee Chicks baseball team and more – visit the Brewers' website.
As much as it is a gigantic cliché to say that one has always had a passion for film, Matt Mueller has always had a passion for film. Whether it was bringing in the latest movie reviews for his first grade show-and-tell or writing film reviews for the St. Norbert College Times as a high school student, Matt is way too obsessed with movies for his own good.
When he's not writing about the latest blockbuster or talking much too glowingly about "Piranha 3D," Matt can probably be found watching literally any sport (minus cricket) or working at - get this - a local movie theater. Or watching a movie. Yeah, he's probably watching a movie.