Editor and Publisher Magazine announced its finalists for the 2014 EPPY Awards Wednesday morning, and for the fourth time, OnMilwaukee.com has been nominated in several categories.
This year, OnMilwaukee.com is among the finalists in:
- Best Entertainment Website with under 1 million unique monthly visitors
- Best Mobile Website with under 1 million unique monthly visitors
- Best News or Event Feature on a Website with under 1 million unique monthly visitors (for Bobby Tanzilo’s Urban Spelunking series of features)
- Best Innovation Project with under 1 million unique monthly visitors (for its ShopLocal product)
- Best Classified Website with under 1 million unique monthly visitors (for its ShopLocal product)
OnMilwaukee.com took home the award for Best Entertainment Website in 2012, and was also a finalist in 2003 and 2008.
"It's great to see our peers recognizing our hard work over the last year," said OnMilwaukee.com Publisher and co-founder Andy Tarnoff. "There are a lot of great publications that we're being mentioned alongside, and as an independent media company representing Milwaukee, it's an honor to be considered again for this prestigious award."
This year’s EPPY Awards saw more than 400 entries competing in 33 diverse categories.
"After several weeks of in-depth and thorough judging, the E&P team, along with a prestigious panel of 78 judges, has voted and selected the 2014 EPPY Award finalists," Editor & Publisher said in a release.
Now in its 19th year, this international contest honors the best media-affiliated websites. The awards also recognize excellence in college and university journalism in three different categories. New categories this year include Best Social Media/Crowd Sourcing, Best Innovation Project on a Website, Best User Experience and Best Online Infographics on a Website.
Each EPPY entry is judged on its own merits within a particular category. Finalists must receive a score in the top one-third of the average score across all categories within their division (1 million and over unique monthly visitors and under 1 million unique monthly visitors). As a result, there may be no winner in categories not reaching this threshold.
EPPY Award winners will be announced live on editorandpublisher.com, Oct. 29, 2014 at 12:30 p.m.
The complete list of EPPY Award finalists is here.