Looking for a different way to make a big difference this holiday season? How about helping Meta House restock and update its residential kitchens?
Fein Brothers, 2007 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr., has partnered with Riverwest SOUP to host a kitchen supply drive for the community organization, which works tirelessly to end the generational cycle of drug and alcohol addiction. It does so through unique residential programs that promote healing and recovery for women, particularly those with families.
During the drive, Fein Brothers will offer a discount on a selection of items that Meta House has identified as most beneficial for its residents. The list includes a variety of items from kitchen timers and blenders to microwaves, cooking utensils and tableware.
In addition, Fein Brothers will donate 10 percent of all in-store sales during the months of November and December to Meta House. All donated items will be delivered directly to the Meta House residential kitchens at the end of the drive.
The idea for the kitchen supply drive originated at a Riverwest SOUP gathering, during which the community gathered to discuss the funding for projects that would benefit the Riverwest neighborhood. Attendees at the meeting voted on all of the projects presented. And, while Meta House was not selected as a project to fund, members of the group felt compelled to move the cause forward. So they reached out to Todd Minkin, owner of Fein Brothers, who happily offered to host the kitchen drive.
Among the much-needed items identified by Meta House are:
- 16 Quart Stock Pot and Cover $22.80, $4.17 (Winco AXS-16, AXS-16C)- 8 needed
- 24 Quart Stock Pot and Cover $31.14, $5.61 (Winco AXS-24, AXS-20C)- 8 needed
- 8 1/2 Quart Stock Pot and Cover $19.70, $4.17 (Winco AXS-8, AXS-16C)- 8 needed
- Blender $98.00 (Hamilton Beach HBB908)- 4 needed
- Bowls $15.46/doz. (CAC REC-10)- 4 dozen needed
- Bread Knife $7.82 ( Winco KWP-92)- 4 needed
- Chef Knife $8.51 (Winco KWP-80) - 4 needed
- Coffee Cups $11.07/doz. (CAC REC-1)- 4 dozen needed
- Food Processor $796 (Waring WFP16SCD) - 2 needed
- Food Storage Containers 2 Qt and Lids $5.08, $1.75 (Cambro 2SFSCW135, SFC2452)
- Food Storage Containers 4 Qt and Lids $7.83, $1.75 (Cambro 4SFSCW135. SFC2452)
- Forks $6.68/doz. (Update PL-85) - 6 dozen needed
- Fry Pan $11.32 (Winco AFP-10NS) - 8 needed
- Fry Pan $16.88 (Update AFQ-12H) - 8 needed
- Fry Pan $9.60 (Winco AFP-8NS- H) – 8 needed
- Garlic Press $12.91 (Table Craft E5614)- 2 needed
- Griddle Top $44.54 (Royal ROY GRID 23 S) - 4 needed
- Kitchen Timer $11.33 (Cooper-Atkins TM60-0- 8)- 2 needed
- Kitchen Towels $8.42 (Johnson Rose 30907)- 10 needed
- Knives $9.54/doz. (Update PL-88)- 6 dozen needed
- Microwave $262.35 (Panasonic NE-1025F) - 20 needed
- Paring Knife $5.88 (Winco KWP-30) - 4 needed
- Pizza Pan $4.69 (Amercian Metal Craft TP14)- 8 needed
- Plates $36.94/doz. (CAC REC-16)- 4 dozen needed
- Sauce Pan $24.93 (Vollrath 68303) - 8 needed
- Saucers $9.11/doz. (CAC RED- 2)- 4 dozen needed
- Tablespoons $6.92/doz. (Update PL-810) - 6 dozen needed
- Teaspoons $4.80/doz. (Update PL-81)- 6 dozen needed
- Toaster $147.71 (Waring WCT704) - 6 needed
- Tongs $2.06 (Winco UT-12HT) - 6 needed
- Vegetable Peeler $3.65 (Table Craft E5601)- 6 needed
For more information, visit feinbrothers.com.
Fein Brothers is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Lori Fredrich (Lo) is an eater, writer, wonderer, bon vivante, traveler, cook, gardener and girlwonder. Born and raised in the Milwaukee area, she has tried to leave many times, but seems to be drawn to this quirky city that smells of beer and alewives.
Some might say that she is a little obsessed with food. Lo would say she is A LOT obsessed with food. After all, she has been cooking, eating and enjoying food for decades and has no plans to retire anytime soon.
Lo's recipes and writing have been featured in a variety of publications including GO: Airtran Inflight Magazine, Cheese Connoisseur, Cooking Light, Edible Milwaukee, Milwaukee Magazine and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, as well as on the blog Go Bold with Butter, the web site Wisconsin Cheese Talk, and in the quarterly online magazine Grate. Pair. Share.