In celebration of National Ice Cream Month, Georgie Porgie's Treefort Restaurants have partnered with OnMilwaukee on a Flavor of the Day frozen custard contest. And after sampling scoops from more than 165 entries, owners Lou and Pete Liapis – sons of the titular founder George – have picked out the five frozen custard flavor finalists.
- Ice Cream Cake: Cake batter flavor custard, ribbons of fudge, chocolate crunch pieces, all sprinkled with rainbow sprinkles
- Tabby Kat: Chocolate custard, caramel sauce and Kit Kat candy bar pieces
- Coffee & Donuts: Coffee-flavored custard with spiced cinnamon cake donut pieces
- The Lambeau: Chocolate and vanilla twist custard, dark chocolate flakes, Reese's peanut butter cups and caramel sauce
- Oatmeal Cream Pie: Vanilla custard, chopped up Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies and caramel swirls
Now that the finalists have been selected, it's your turn to sample a scoop and exercise some delicious democracy.
The winner will be selected by the public – as well as celebrity tasters, including 99.1 WMYX's Molly Cruz, OnMilwaukee's Bobby Tanzilo and his "Milwaukee Frozen Custard" co-author Kathleen McCann – at a tasting party held Thursday, July 28 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Georgie Porgie's Oak Creek location at the Oakbrook Shopping Center, 9555 S. Howell Ave. Attendees will be able to sample each of the five finalists and submit their vote for their favorite.
The scoop that scores the most votes will earn a spot in Georgie Porgie's rotating flavor of the day list – as well as earn the creator a free quart of custard every month for a year.
Let your taste buds be heard!