Glorioso’s Italian Market, 1011 E Brady St., has announced plans to reopen for curbside pick-up and delivery.
Beginning June 2, customers will be able to order grocery items online at shop.gloriosos.com. Those items will be available for either curbside pick-up or delivery Tuesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The grocer will also be launching a new touchless Glorioso’s Express market right across the street at 1016 E. Brady St. The venue will feature a variety of top selling items and essential items in an easy to shop quick-stop format.
"Thank you all for your many years of support and for your patience, kind words, and your smiles," notes General Manager Michael Glorioso in a Facebook post announcing the good news, "And, a big thanks to our team members for their hard work, resilience, and smiles. We are all in this together. We are dedicated to keeping Glorioso’s and the community safe and healthy as we navigate this new reality."
Safety measures for full reopening
The full retail store will not open immediately; but when it does, the Glorioso’s team has organized a variety of procedures and guidelines to keep shoppers safe.
Safety measures will include:
- Daily health screenings for team members, including temperature checks
- All team members will wear masks and gloves
- New shopping hours to support deep cleaning and restocking efforts
- They will be announcing designated shopping hours for high risk shoppers.
- Occupancy inside the store will also be limited, with team members tracking customers as they enter and exit.
- Floors inside the grocery store will be marked with one-way aisles allowing for better management of traffic flow and social distancing.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at all check out lanes
- Frequent cleaning of all high touch areas (carts, handles, customer payment pads) will be maintained
Customers are also being asked to take the following precautions:
- Limit shopping to one person per family
- Customers will be asked to wear face masks or other face coverings
- Limit shopping time to 30 minutes per trip
- Reuseable bags will not be allowed
- Marked receptacles outside the store can be used to discard disposable masks
- Customers waiting outside to shop are asked to maintain at least six feet of distance between themselves and others.
- When inside the store, customers should follow instructions on signage and maintain the equivalent of three shopping cart lengths between themselves and other customers.
Customers are also asked to exercise patience and kindness to create a better shopping experience for everyone.
Beginning June 2, the hours for curbside and delivery at Glorioso’s Italian Market and Glorioso’s Express will be Tuesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Customers can also visit gloriosos.com for up-to-date information on available products, delivery and curbside pickup options, and progress on the re-opening of the full retail store.
Lori is an avid cook whose accrual of condiments and spices is rivaled only by her cookbook collection. Her passion for the culinary industry was birthed while balancing A&W root beer mugs as a teenage carhop, fed by insatiable curiosity and fueled by the people whose stories entwine with each and every dish. She’s had the privilege of chronicling these tales via numerous media, including OnMilwaukee and in her book “Milwaukee Food.” Her work has garnered journalism awards from entities including the Milwaukee Press Club.
When she’s not eating, photographing food, writing or recording the FoodCrush podcast, you’ll find Lori seeking out adventures with her husband Paul, traveling, cooking, reading, learning, snuggling with her cats and looking for ways to make a difference.