What a week it’s been since Election Night. Like for many of you, it was an emotional rollercoaster; I think I watched more cable news in the last week than the last several years combined, in addition to refreshing my Twitter feed every few minutes. Needless to say, I’ll be glad when this is over, whenever that time comes.
As things currently stand, Joe Biden has been declared the winner and the president-elect by several media outlets and has been congratulated by several Republicans. Yet, things seem to be far from over for the Trump campaign as they continue taking drastic measures in an attempt to secure a second term in the Oval Office. Trump continues a barrage on Twitter claiming victory and voter fraud (albeit with no evidence) as well as filing what will end up being several lawsuits trying to overturn battleground states.
The uncertainty leaves many questions on what's about to unfold over the next several weeks, months and into the future of American politics. Luckily, I had Steven Olikara, our resident political expert, back on the GoGedders podcast. Steven is the founder of the nonpartisan organization The Millennial Action Project and, in 2017, was named to the Forbes 30 under 30 list for Law and Politics. He’s one of the brightest nonpartisan minds in the country, and we covered a lot of ground. Some of the topics and questions we covered include:
- Was there really voter fraud?
- How did the polls (especially in Wisconsin) get it so wrong?
- What if Trump refuses to concede power?
- What does the transition of power look like?
- Are we really as divided as we seem?
- What does the future of democrats and republicans look like?
- Did Trump make a big mistake telling his base not to vote by mail?
- Is the Trump campaign’s reaction discrediting pending lawsuits?
- How did the Four Seasons Total Landscaping fiasco happen?
It's a great episode that everyone should listen to, so make sure to stream it below! If you have any future topics that you would like to hear covered on the show, do not hesitate to reach out with your suggestions to email@example.com!