Last February, I was one of over 300 business people who packed into the Italian Community Center to attend the first ever Young Guns Conference. It was the best produced business event I have been to in the city of Milwaukee, showcasing a variety of speakers (local and national) and a diverse group of attendees. This event marked the birth of the Young Guns, and with plans to host several more events in 2020, their momentum was building. Then COVID hit and Young Guns founders Andy Weins, Paul Neuberger, Pat Miller and David Bellman had to pivot and adapt.
Instead of hosting more live events, they have launched “Young Guns TV (YGTV)”, a YouTube channel that has released 18 episodes to date featuring several prominent leaders and entrepreneurs from the Milwaukee area, including Hector Colon, Christine Specht, Kevin Steiner and several more. (For whatever reason, they had myself and Matt Cordio on as well.) The show has also garnered sponsors like First Federal Bank, Farm and Fleet, West Bend Mutual, Pella Windows and Doors, and many more, and has generated a lot of local media attention.
In addition to YGTV, the Young Guns will host their first virtual event this Thursday: the YG Summit. Preview the event with Paul Neuberger and Andy Weins by listening to the podcast here:
The complete lineup is below. If you are an entrepreneur looking to up your game, this is a must-attend event.
8:30-8:40 a.m. – Welcome to the Young Guns Fall Summit
- Welcome to the event from the Young Guns leadership
8:40-9:20 a.m. – Main Stage: Brandy Hollaway
- Brandy Hollaway will share how to ignite your entrepreneurial mindset during challenging times.
9:20-9:30 a.m. – Keynote reflection and networking time
9:30-10:10 a.m. – Politics Panel
- The election is over: What will happen now? How will the President’s business policies affect business, entrepreneurialism and more?
10:10-10:20 a.m. – Networking
10:20-11 a.m. – Panel: Succeeding During the Pandemic
- Business leaders share how they succeeded during the pandemic and how you can thrive during uncertain times
11:05-12 p.m. – Keynote: Ryan Campbell
- Influence through Adversity – From a World Record to Learning to Walk Again