Great Lakes Distillery, 616 W. Virginia St., is gearing up for a very spirited Holiday Cocktail Drive-thru, an event at which you can load up on seven different cocktail kits to take you through the season.
To participate, pre-order your cocktail kits on or before Wednesday, Dec. 16 for drive-thru-style pick-up on Sunday, Dec. 20 between 9 a.m. and noon.
- A Bloody Good Christmas Morning Bloody Mary Kit ($45) featuring one 750 ml bottle of Rehorst Vodka; one 32 oz bottle of GLD bloody mary mix; four Klement’s beef stick and four cheese sticks.
- The Human Fund Festivus Punch Kit ($45) with one 750 ml bottle of Rehorst Gin; one 750 ml bottle of Top Note Grapefruit mixer; one 32-ounce Festivus Punch in a Festivus Pole Can; one box of Junior Mints; airing of the grievances sheets
- The Yuletide Mule Kit ($65) includes a 750 ml bottle of Rehorst Vodka; one 750 ml bottle of Good Land Cranberry Liqueur and two 750 ml bottles of Top Note Ginger Beer
- Clue Year’s Eve with Colonel Mustard Kit ($50) features a 750 ml bottle of Rehorst Citrus & Honey Vodka; a four-pack of Sprecher Cream Soda; one 46-ounce can of pineapple juice; a copy of the Clue board game.
- The Absnog Kit ($45) includes one 375 ml bottle of Amerique 1912 Absinthe Verte and a half gallon of Oberweis eggnog
- The Holiday Hot Toddy Kit ($50) features a 750 ml bottle of Still & Oak Straight Bourbon, plus a 75 ml of Great Lakes Distillery hot toddy mix
- The Winter Wonderland Peppermint Hot Cocoa Kit ($50) includes a 750 ml bottle of Still & Oak Straight Rye; a container of Omanhene peppermint hot cocoa mix and one bag of marshmallows
For more information and to place your order, visit the Great Lakes Distillery ordering page online.
Lori Fredrich (Lo) is an eater, writer, wonderer, bon vivante, traveler, cook, gardener and girlwonder. Born and raised in the Milwaukee area, she has tried to leave many times, but seems to be drawn to this quirky city that smells of beer and alewives.
Some might say that she is a little obsessed with food. Lo would say she is A LOT obsessed with food. After all, she has been cooking, eating and enjoying food for decades and has no plans to retire anytime soon.
Lo's recipes and writing have been featured in a variety of publications including GO: Airtran Inflight Magazine, Cheese Connoisseur, Cooking Light, Edible Milwaukee, Milwaukee Magazine and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, as well as on the blog Go Bold with Butter, the web site Wisconsin Cheese Talk, and in the quarterly online magazine Grate. Pair. Share.