The weekend-long gamer’s paradise, Midwest Gaming Classic, is set to return to the Wisconsin Center, 400 W. Wisconsin Ave., from Friday, March 31 through Sunday, April 2.
Taking over all three floors of the Downtown convention center, guests can play thousands of pinball, arcade, console and tabletop games, enjoy live entertainment and meet pop-culture personalities – all for free with the price of admission. (Kids 9 and under receive free admission.)
The weekend has something for gamers of all ages and abilities:
- Hundreds of free-play pinball, arcade, and console games
- A playable gaming museum, with games that span the ages – from PONG to the latest in virtual reality gaming technology
- 30th Anniversary celebration of NBA Jam, featuring the iconic voice of Tim Kitzrow
- Tabletop gaming, tabletop role-playing games, trading card games
- Game tournaments and esports competitions
- Cosplay contests and Live Action Role Play opportunities
- Celebrity and industry professional panels, meet & greets
- Famous movie car replicas from Jurassic Park, Back to the Future and more
- Video-game-themed bands
- 26-foot inflatable gorilla, affectionately named the Dankey Kang
Started in Milwaukee by two gaming enthusiasts 20 years ago in the basement of a Boy Scout office, the Midwest Gaming Classic is now one of the country’s largest independent gaming trade shows. This year alone, hosts anticipate welcoming more than 20,000 guests, including many from around the United States, Japan, South Korea, Australia, the United Kingdom, Germany and Spain.
According to Visit Milwaukee, over the course of the weekend, an estimated two million tourism dollars will be spent in the Milwaukee area.
Get tickets and find out more here.
Molly Snyder started writing and publishing her work at the age 10, when her community newspaper printed her poem, "The Unicorn.” Since then, she's expanded beyond the subject of mythical creatures and written in many different mediums but, nearest and dearest to her heart, thousands of articles for OnMilwaukee.
Molly is a regular contributor to FOX6 News and numerous radio stations as well as the co-host of "Dandelions: A Podcast For Women.” She's received five Milwaukee Press Club Awards, served as the Pfister Narrator and is the Wisconsin State Fair’s Celebrity Cream Puff Eating Champion of 2019.