More than a dozen artists and community members will participate in the 4th annual Milwaukee Riverkeeper Boat Parade.
The artists will show their floating art installations – aka "parade floats that really float"– during a water show themed "Where There Is Water There Is Life" on Sunday, Aug. 30 at noon.
The parade will begin in the Milwaukee Mooring Basin which is viewable from Harbor View Plaza, 600 E. Greenfield Ave. It will then travel up the Milwaukee River before turning around at the Holton Avenue Bridge (near Lakefront Brewery). For a map of the route, go here.
The parade is also viewable via livestream on Youtube and Facebook.
Viewers will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite float here. Voting automatically enters viewers into a drawing for a gift package.
Participating artists include:
- Leslie Vaglica and Adam Beadel
- Breaking Chains Across Cultures by Renaissance Bxtches
- Val Loughran
- We Row as One by All Hands Boatworks
- Live to Play by Linda Freund
- Lex Allen
- Milwaukee Community Sailing Center Float by Teresa Coronado / Milwaukee Community Sailing Center
- Mother by Cori De Stael
- Plastic Free MKE featuring Jahmes Finlayson by Shannon Molter
- Bull Boat by Jeff Holub
- TRUE Skool
- Sturgeon Waterfall Temple by Riveredge Nature Center / Heather Eiden
Molly Snyder started writing and publishing her work at the age 10, when her community newspaper printed her poem, "The Unicorn.” Since then, she's expanded beyond the subject of mythical creatures and written in many different mediums but, nearest and dearest to her heart, thousands of articles for OnMilwaukee.
Molly is a regular contributor to FOX6 News and numerous radio stations as well as the co-host of "Dandelions: A Podcast For Women.” She's received five Milwaukee Press Club Awards, served as the Pfister Narrator and is the Wisconsin State Fair’s Celebrity Cream Puff Eating Champion of 2019.