It’s been a long time in coming, but today The Bartolotta Restaurants announced that they will be reopening Mr. B’s - A Bartolotta Steakhouse, 11120 N. Cedarburg Rd. in Mequon.
On the heels of its long-term temporary closure, the restaurant is scheduled to resume both indoor dining as well as a carry-out on Feb. 4, just in time to welcome back guests for Valentine’s Day.
“We have taken a careful and compassionate approach to every reopening, in an effort to serve the needs of our guests while going above and beyond state and regional guidelines,” notes owner and co-founder Chef Paul Bartolotta. “With our expanded takeout options, enhanced safety protocols, and acclaimed Executive Chef Amber Dorszynski returning to the kitchen, we look forward to welcoming Mr. B’s guests to the new era of The Bartolotta Restaurants.”
What you need to know
Beginning Feb. 4, Mr. B’s will offer indoor dining by reservation only, with hours Wednesday through Sunday from 5 to 9 p.m. along with curbside pick-up available via the Tock online ordering system.
In addition to enjoying many of the classic dishes for which Mr. B’s has become popular, they will also offer Valentine’s Day weekend specials created by Executive Chef Amber Dorszynski, including Maine lobster salad, 14-ounce Wagyu New York strip steak, and lemon pots de crème, available Feb. 12-14. Guests can view the full menu and make reservations online.
Safety at the fore
As for safety, the restaurant will reopen under enhanced health and hygiene protocols that have become the new standard for all Bartolotta restaurants and catering facilities, including:
- Face coverings are required for all guests when walking around within the restaurant , transvesing common areas or interacting with a Bartolotta's employee
- Temperature checks will be taken for all guests upon arrival
- Face masks are required to be worn by staff members at all times
- Reservations are required (reservations will be held for 15 minutes and will be limited to 1.5 hours)
- Touchless payment options and QR codes available to view menus on smartphones
- Rearranged dining rooms that offer distance and privacy between tables; as well as custom-made safety partitions where applicable
- UV-C technology that destroys microorganisms in the air and on hard surfaces
- Meticulously and deliberately cleaned tables with every new reservation
Guests can review the full Covid-19 Response Plan, see dining menus, and make reservations online at bartolottas.com.
Lori is an avid cook whose accrual of condiments and spices is rivaled only by her cookbook collection. Her passion for the culinary industry was birthed while balancing A&W root beer mugs as a teenage carhop, fed by insatiable curiosity and fueled by the people whose stories entwine with each and every dish. She’s had the privilege of chronicling these tales via numerous media, including OnMilwaukee and in her book “Milwaukee Food.” Her work has garnered journalism awards from entities including the Milwaukee Press Club.
When she’s not eating, photographing food, writing or recording the FoodCrush podcast, you’ll find Lori seeking out adventures with her husband Paul, traveling, cooking, reading, learning, snuggling with her cats and looking for ways to make a difference.