North Avenue Market, the family-friendly community-oriented food hall located at 5900 W. North Ave. will officially turn one years old on Sept. 7, 2023.
In celebration of the milestone, the food hall will be hosting four days of special anniversary activities featuring entertainment, activities and delicious fare from their diverse line-up of vendors.
It’s the perfect time to revisit the newly refreshed food hall or to make your very first trip to this hidden gem on Milwaukee’s West Side.
Here’s what’s on tap
Thursday Sept. 7
All day: $1 off coffee at 4 Corners Café
4 p.m.: Free cupcakes at the Cupcake Tower
4 p.m. to close: Beer Happy Hour at the Bittercube Bar
5:30 to 9 p.m.: Sapphic Friending Night in the Garden Lounge
5:30 to 9 p.m.: DJ Shawn Bost on the Main Floor Stage
Friday Sept. 8
All day: Special food coupons available for 4 Corners Café and Plant Joy, plus a Friday fish fry at Dawg City
4 p.m. to close: Happy Hour at Bittercube Bar
7 to 10 p.m.: Christopher’s Project (jazz) on Main Floor Stage
Saturday Sept. 9
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Kids Back-to-School Jam presented by HYFIN Radio (includes dance competition, swag bags and more)
Noon to 4 p.m.: Universal Teas Podcast on Main Floor Stage
Noon to 4 p.m.: Check out the vendor booths on Garden Level
4 p.m. to close: Happy Hour at the Bittercube Bar
7:30 to 10:30 p.m.: DJ Anthony from HYFIN Radio
Sunday Sept. 10
11 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Drag Brunch Hosted By Lola Rome
What's cooking at the Market
Here's what North Avenue Market Vendors and partners are serving up at the food hall.
- 4 Corners Café: Stop by for Pilcrow Coffee, panini made with Boars Head products, Scratch Ice Cream and more.
- Bittercube: The local bitters brand operates two bars at the North Avenue Market: a main bar where guests can purchase craft cocktails and other beverages and Mosler’s Vault, a speakeasy-style cocktail bar located on the Garden Level of the market. The main bar is open during the Market’s regular hours. Mosler’s Vault is open Wednesday through Saturday beginning at 5 p.m. Make your reservation online.
- Dawg City: Stop in for all-beef gourmet hot dogs showcasing locally sourced toppings, Philly cheesesteak twists and a Friday fish fry.
- Plant Joy: Enjoy a delicious selection of plant-based dishes, which change weekly.
- Pupuseria Los Angeles: Indulge in traditional Salvadoran papusas: corn cakes stuffed with savory fillings (chicken, beans, cheese, pork and vegetables) accompanied by tomato salsa and curtido (fermented cabbage relish).
- BTW: Stop in for burgers, tots and BTW’s signature wings.
SAM’s Deli: Featuring sandwiches, soup, salad, & charcuterie.
A&B Desserts: Serving Scratch Ice Cream, boozy milkshakes, and housemade desserts
North Avenue Market is open Tuesday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Lori is an avid cook whose accrual of condiments and spices is rivaled only by her cookbook collection. Her passion for the culinary industry was birthed while balancing A&W root beer mugs as a teenage carhop, fed by insatiable curiosity and fueled by the people whose stories entwine with each and every dish. She’s had the privilege of chronicling these tales via numerous media, including OnMilwaukee and in her book “Milwaukee Food.” Her work has garnered journalism awards from entities including the Milwaukee Press Club.
When she’s not eating, photographing food, writing or recording the FoodCrush podcast, you’ll find Lori seeking out adventures with her husband Paul, traveling, cooking, reading, learning, snuggling with her cats and looking for ways to make a difference.