The Pfister Hotel has announced the six finalists for its 2017-18 Artist-in-Residence program. The finalists are:
• Heather Eiden, world folk artist
• Margaret Muza, tintype portrait artist
• Katie & Chris Robleski, night photographers & lightpainters
• Kate Schaffer, experimental painter-writer
• Ariana Vaeth, interpersonal figurative painter
• Cedra Wood, magic realist painter
The finalists’ work will be on display at Gallerie M at the InterContinental Milwaukee, beginning on Gallery Night, Friday, Jan. 20, through mid-February for the public voting portion of the selection process.
Once selected, the artist, chosen by a juried committee (with the public vote being one vote on the committee), would serve as the ninth Artist-in-Residence at the Pfister. The artist will work in the lobby-level studio, interacting with and inspiring the hotel’s guests.
Detailed voting information will be released in the coming weeks.