The Milwaukee Press Club is asking OnMilwaukee.com readers to vote to decide the best brand name for a special, limited-edition bottled water celebrating the City of Milwaukee's 163rd Birthday.
The contest launched in October and club officials pared more than 200 suggestions to 15 finalists selected for their creativity and ability to reflect the importance of water as a resource for Milwaukee and the region.
The public can vote for their favorite selection through Friday at milwaukeepressclub.org. Here are the finalists:
Six-packs of the limited supply of bottled water will be
Distributed at the City of Milwaukee's 163rd Birthday Party Jan. 27 and given to Milwaukee Press Club members throughout the year.
The winning name and tagline will also be recognized in the Press Club's magazine.
The finalists include:
- MKE H20: Better Than Beer
- Pure Midwest: The Water That Made Milwaukee Famous
- Brew City Blue: From the Bluetiful Shores of Lake Michigan
- Blueski: The Next Best Thing on Tap
- BrewTown Blue: The Foundation of Milwaukee's Fame
- Milwaukee On Tap: H20 that's pure, clean and refreshing!
- Lake Effect: It's Cooler by the Lake
- Great Lakes Gold: From America's Fresh Coast
- Bubbler Brew: Unparalleled Taste from the City of Bubblers
- Brew City Blue: The water that made the beer that made
- H2 Oh Milwaukee!: Drink It In
- Fresh20: Same Great Taste; Lots More Technology
- Brew City Bubbler: Milwaukee's Best Brew
- Wi-Brew 2-0: Only the best brew from Wisconsin!
(Pronounced, "We-Brew Two-Oh")
Host of “The Drew Olson Show,” which airs 1-3 p.m. weekdays on The Big 902. Sidekick on “The Mike Heller Show,” airing weekdays on The Big 920 and a statewide network including stations in Madison, Appleton and Wausau. Co-author of Bill Schroeder’s “If These Walls Could Talk: Milwaukee Brewers” on Triumph Books. Co-host of “Big 12 Sports Saturday,” which airs Saturdays during football season on WISN-12. Former senior editor at OnMilwaukee.com. Former reporter at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.