Are you heading down to Rock the Green this weekend?
If you're planning to stay for the entire festival, hosted Saturday starting at 2 p.m. at the Reed Street Yards in Walker's Point, it's guaranteed you're going to need a snack or two.
Rock the Green's dining options aren't your average, greasy festival fare, however. The festival is proud to bring healthy, sustainable and locally grown food and drinks to its Farm to Fork area. The food will be served on eco-friendly compostable serving ware as part of Rock the Green's commitment to low-waste.
This year's local food vendors include:
- Buddha Lounge (Milwaukee, WI) - Asian/American pan-fare
- Urban Kettle (Beach Park, IL) - Family farmed small batch kettle corn
- On the Way Cafe (Mequon, WI) - Organic, fresh made
- Dr. Dawg (Glendale, WI) - All-natural comfort food
- Jamaican Kitchen (Milwaukee, WI) - Caribbean/African food truck
- Pete's Pops (Milwaukee, WI) - Handcrafted ice pops
- Rishi Tea (Milwaukee, WI) - Organic teas blended in Milwaukee
Meijer and Hills Brothers coffee will also serve up treats all day long. And admit it: Even with all the excitement of a music festival, you'll probably need a caffeine fix at some point.
Tickets for Rock the Green are still available at http://www.rockthegreen.com/tickets.