The search is on to find the next Rock Girl, a spokesperson who will represent radio station 102.9 The Hog for the upcoming year.
Casting calls have begun for the third annual contest, which carries a grand prize of nearly $20,000 in cash and swag.
The final casting call is from 9-11 tonight at Bar Louie, 1114 N. Water St. Organizers emphasize that "looks are key, but combining that with personality will put you above the competition."
Contestants should be prepared to give a 60-second presentation on videotape during which they explain why they should be the next Rock Girl on 102.9 The Hog.
Online voting will be conducted from May 11-17 at 1029thehog.com. Finalists will be announced May 18, with the Rock Girl Finale slated for Saturday, June 13 at Hal's Harley-Davidson and Buell, 1925 S. Moorland Rd., New Berlin.
Prizes for the Rock Girl winner include:
- $10,000 cash
- A 42-inch plasma TV from American
- One year of free Time Warner Cable All The Best Package (cable/Internet and phone)
- A 102.9-day lease of a Harley-Davidson or Buell motorcycle or a $1,000 shopping spree at Hal's Harley-Davidson
- A Riverwalk Boat Tours cruise for the Rock Girl and her friends
- A package from Ideal Image laser hair removal
- A package from Azana Salon and Spa
- A package from supplementwarehouse.com
- A one-year, premier Hill Climber membership to the Harley-Davidson Museum
- Concert tickets and assorted other random prizes
The contest is sponsored in part by American, Time Warner Cable, OnMilwaukee.com and Hal's Harley-Davidson and Buell.
The Hog's Web site is 1029thehog.com.