The Wisconsin State Fair Foundation organized an auction called the Fair Necessities Auction. The auction proceeds will benefit the Foundation, an organization that works year-round to support the Wisconsin State Fair with renovations, programming and more.
"In light of the news of the 2020 Fair cancellation, our work is now more meaningful than ever," reads the website. "Every contribution ensures that the Wisconsin State Fair will help future generations to create memories that will last a lifetime."
Here are the packages available for fair fans to bid on:
- Name the world-famous racing pigs ANYTHING YOU WANT
- Private, socially-distanced Pat McCurdy concert and dinner for 8 people from Charcoal Grill in your backyard
- An evening with Alice in Dairyland who will teach you and your small group via Zoom how to make a proper Wisconsin cheese plate
- Flower talk with the State Fair Gardener
- Meet the Brothers Osbourne virtually this year and in-person next year during their 2021 Wisconsin State Fair concert (includes VIP tickets to show)
- 10 pounds of meat sticks and 5 pounds of cheese!
The auctions runs through Wednesday, Aug. 5. To find out more and / or bid, click here.
Molly Snyder grew up on Milwaukee's East Side and today, she lives in the Walker's Point neighborhood with her partner and two sons.
As a full time senior writer, editorial manager and self-described experience junkie, Molly has written thousands of articles about Milwaukee (and a few about New Orleans, Detroit, Indianapolis, Boston and various vacation spots in Wisconsin) that range in subject from where to get the best cup of coffee to an in-depth profile on the survivors of the iconic Norman apartment building that burned down in the '90s.
She also once got a colonic just to report on it, but that's enough on that.
Always told she had a "radio voice," Molly found herself as a regular contributor on FM102, 97WMYX and 1130WISN with her childhood radio favorite, Gene Mueller.
Molly's poetry, essays and articles appeared in many publications including USA Today, The Writer, The Sun Magazine and more. She has a collection of poetry, "Topless," and is slowly writing a memoir.
In 2009, Molly won a Milwaukee Press Club Award. She served as the Narrator / writer-in-residence at the Pfister Hotel from 2013-2014. She is also a story slam-winning storyteller who has performed with The Moth, Ex Fabula and Risk!
When she's not writing, interviewing or mom-ing, Molly teaches tarot card classes, gardens, sits in bars drinking Miller products and dreams of being in a punk band again.