The Big Gig is less than a week away, but the world's largest music festival is still adding new acts to its lineup as it announced a handful of additional headliner performers on Thursday night.
Here are the latest additions:
- Eve 6 – Saturday, Sept. 4 at 2 p.m. on the Generac Power Stage
- Natasha Bedingfield – Thursday, Sept. 16 at 8 p.m. on the Johnson Controls World Sound Stage
- Neon Trees – Saturday, Sept. 18 at 10 p.m. at the Uline Warehouse
- Flaming Lips – Saturday, Sept. 18 at 10 p.m. at the Generac Power Stage
- Gego y Nony – Saturday, Sept. 18 at 8 p.m. at the Miller Lite Oasis
- Lunay – Saturday, Sept. 18 at 10 p.m. at the Miller Lite Oasis
The Flaming Lips show on Saturday, Sept. 18 replaces the Pixies, who were previously booked for that stage and timeslot before dropping out earlier this week due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Modern English also cancelled its Big Gig booking this week due to COVID concerns; its once-scheduled 10 p.m. slot on Friday, Sept. 3 has been filled by already-announced headliner Berlin featuring Terri Nunn, according to Summerfest's website, moving from 8 p.m. Otherwise, most of these bookings fill in previously "to be announced" spots on the Summerfest schedule.
For the rest of the current Big Gig headliner lineup, here's our guide – and for ways to save money on tickets at the festival, click here. And stay tuned for more news, updates and beyond as we get ready for the much-awaited return of Summerfest.
As much as it is a gigantic cliché to say that one has always had a passion for film, Matt Mueller has always had a passion for film. Whether it was bringing in the latest movie reviews for his first grade show-and-tell or writing film reviews for the St. Norbert College Times as a high school student, Matt is way too obsessed with movies for his own good.
When he's not writing about the latest blockbuster or talking much too glowingly about "Piranha 3D," Matt can probably be found watching literally any sport (minus cricket) or working at - get this - a local movie theater. Or watching a movie. Yeah, he's probably watching a movie.