Here's some Christmas in July fun for you: The Miracle on 2nd Street Christmas-themed pop-up cocktail bar will return to Tin Widow this holiday season.
Started in New York in 2014 and now grown across the globe to more than 100 locations, the Miracle Christmas pop-up concept will once again decorate the Walker's Point bar with a flurry of festiveness, starting Nov. 25 through Dec. 31, featuring glowing Christmas lights, garland, holiday classics crooning over the speakers and the kind of kitschy holiday cheer that you can't help but love come the most wonderful time of the year.
And, of course, there are the drinks, filled with Christmas spirit (and actual spirits) and the great holiday-inspired names to match, this year including returning favorites like the Snowball Old Fashioned – made with caramelized pecan bourbon, spiced molasses syrup and wormwood bitters – and the tropical "Die Hard" tribute Yippie Ki Yay Mother F****r!.
"In our sixth year, we’re excited to keep making Miracle better year after year while keeping our true love for the holiday season alive," says Greg Boehm, owner and creator of Miracle, in a press release. "We offer a true experience for our guests as soon as they walk through the doors. Our partners across the U.S. and world are all dedicated to delivering exceptional visits with quality cocktails."
Added to this year's festivities will be an ugly sweater party on Monday, Dec. 2 – which, with all Miracle locations getting involved, will aim to create the largest combined ugly sweater gathering of all time. So be sure to bust out your best worst Christmas gear for that particular night.
Here is the cocktail and shot menu prepared for this year's Miracle pop-up – plus a few photos from last year's festive fun. And remember: Christmas is only 168 days away ... but who's counting.
- Christmapolitan: Vodka, Elderflower, Dry Vermouth, Spiced Cranberry Sauce, Lime, Rosemary, Absinthe Mist
- Koala-La La La, La La La La: Gin, Pine tea Cordial, Grapefruit Oleo, Eucalyptus bitters
- Snowball Old Fashioned: Caramelized Pecan Bourbon, Spiced Molasses Syrup, Wormwood Bitters
- Run Run Rudolph: Prosecco, Gin, Mulled Wine Puree, Lemon, Cane Syrup
- Bad Santa: Rum, Batavia Arrack, Black Chai Tea, Date infused Oat Milk, Vanilla Syrup (served hot)
- Christmas Carol Barrel: Blanco Tequila, Coffee Liqueur, Coco nib infused Orange & Cognac liqueur, Iced Hot Chocolate, Mexican Spices
- Gingerbread Flip: Rye Whiskey, Gingerbread Syrup, Tiki Bitters, Whole Egg, Ginger snap cookie crumbs
- Yippie Ki Yay Mother F****r!: Barbados Rum, Cachaça, Trinidad Overproof Rum, Purple Yam & Coconut Orgeat, Pineapple
- Jingle Balls Nog: Brown Butter and cinnamon Fat-Washed Cognac, Amontillado Sherry, Almond Milk, Cream, Sugar, Egg, Vanilla, Nutmeg
- Nice Shot: Rum, Peppermint Tea, Chocolate
- Naughty Shot: Bourbon, Cinnamon
As much as it is a gigantic cliché to say that one has always had a passion for film, Matt Mueller has always had a passion for film. Whether it was bringing in the latest movie reviews for his first grade show-and-tell or writing film reviews for the St. Norbert College Times as a high school student, Matt is way too obsessed with movies for his own good.
When he's not writing about the latest blockbuster or talking much too glowingly about "Piranha 3D," Matt can probably be found watching literally any sport (minus cricket) or working at - get this - a local movie theater. Or watching a movie. Yeah, he's probably watching a movie.