It may be hard to imagine drinking a tasty, frosty beer in the middle of a park on a beautiful, sunny summer day when it's currently 30 degrees and occasionally flurrying, but thanks to Milwaukee County Parks and Sprecher Brewing Company, we can at least try!
The two recently announced the schedule of stops for this upcoming summer's Traveling Beer Garden tour, featuring two fire trucks-turned-suds slingers touring around several Milwaukee County Parks locations with Sprecher beer, sodas and other concessions in tow – with all the revenue collected going toward improving the county's parks.
Here's the schedule:
Pass Me a Pint Tour
- May 17-29: Juneau Park in Milwaukee
- May 31-June 11: Kletzsch Park in Glendale
- June 14-25: Froemming Park in Franklin
- June 28-July 9: McCarty Park in West Allis
- July 12-23: Zablocki Park in Greenfield
- July 26-Aug. 6: Lake Park in Milwaukee
- Aug. 4-6: Brown Deer Golf Course (pop-up at the PHC Classic tournament)
- Aug. 9-20: Greene Park in St. Francis
- Aug. 23-Sept. 4: Bender Park in Oak Creek
Roll Out the Barrel Tour
- May 17-June 11: Greenfield Park in West Allis
- June 14-July 9: Grant Park in South Milwaukee
- July 12-Aug. 6: Scout Lake Park in Greendale
- Aug. 9-Sept. 4: Doctors Park in Fox Point
Also returning this summer is the Beer Garden 5k Series – with participants receiving a pint glass of Sprecher beer and a different shirt for each race. This year's dates and locations include:
- May 18: Juneau Park
- June 15: Froemming Park
- July 6: Grant Park
- Aug. 3: Lake Park
The Traveling Beer Garden will be open 4-10 p.m. on Mondays through Fridays, as well as 11 a.m.-10 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Last call is at 9 p.m., and live music performs Wednesdays through Saturdays from 5 to 8 p.m.
As much as it is a gigantic cliché to say that one has always had a passion for film, Matt Mueller has always had a passion for film. Whether it was bringing in the latest movie reviews for his first grade show-and-tell or writing film reviews for the St. Norbert College Times as a high school student, Matt is way too obsessed with movies for his own good.
When he's not writing about the latest blockbuster or talking much too glowingly about "Piranha 3D," Matt can probably be found watching literally any sport (minus cricket) or working at - get this - a local movie theater. Or watching a movie. Yeah, he's probably watching a movie.