Maybe you knew that Wednesday, June 18th is International Sushi Day. But, did you know that Umami Moto, 718 N Milwaukee St., has a week-long celebration in the works?
"We really wanted to take some time to celebrate the art of sushi and pass some little knowns and fun facts about sushi to our guests," says Jaime Jacobs, Director of Marketing for SURG Restaurant Group.
June 16-20, guests will receive complimentary offerings including appetizers, sushi, dessert and cocktails.
- Monday: Amuse featuring three sushi small bites.
- Tuesday: Complimentary appetizers including crispy rock shrimp, calamari, Korean short rib, Togarashi edamame, lettuce wraps or tuna poke.
- Wednesday: Free signature sushi roll. Choose from crispy shrimp, Milwaukee Street, scallop asparagus, spicy tuna, avocado shrimp, spicy crab, Philly roll or Boston roll.
- Thursday: Enjoy one free cocktail, including a Mr. Myagi-tini, Bruce Leychee, Sparkling Plum, Sake la Poire, Shanghai Mule, Coco-nuts 4 Sake, Sake-gria, or Sake flight.
- Friday: Complimentary dessert, including a lemon bar, strawberry shortcake, dreamsicle or chocolate peanut desserts.
In addition to complimentary specials, Umami Moto will also be offering free valet in the form of a $5 discount off of your bill when you dine with them during Sushi Week.
Lori is an avid cook whose accrual of condiments and spices is rivaled only by her cookbook collection. Her passion for the culinary industry was birthed while balancing A&W root beer mugs as a teenage carhop, fed by insatiable curiosity and fueled by the people whose stories entwine with each and every dish. She’s had the privilege of chronicling these tales via numerous media, including OnMilwaukee and in her book “Milwaukee Food.” Her work has garnered journalism awards from entities including the Milwaukee Press Club.
When she’s not eating, photographing food, writing or recording the FoodCrush podcast, you’ll find Lori seeking out adventures with her husband Paul, traveling, cooking, reading, learning, snuggling with her cats and looking for ways to make a difference.