What could be a better treat for 414 Day than a passport-style book available that allows you support a slew of amazing bakeries and cafes while raising funds for a great cause? We can't think of one, especially with Mother's Day coming up.
The Wisconsin Bakery & Cafe Book includes 30 locally-owned bakeries, cafes, and coffee shops throughout Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties. Purchase a book and you get $5 off of your $20 purchase at any of the participating venues (up to three times at each location). That could save you up to $450.
Even better, a portion of all proceeds from each book sold will be donated to the Wisconsin Bakers Foundation with the goal of raising $20,000 to fund scholarships for individuals pursuing careers in baking and pastry arts.
Books sell for $20 each, so you only need to use it four times to get your money’s worth. But with all the great restaurants and bakeries on the list, you’re likely to find ways to use it over and over again for brunch dates with friends, baked goods for your holiday parties or weekly purchases of bread, doughnuts or pastries. The books also make great gifts!
414 Day discount
For one day only (April 14, 2023), folks who purchase four (4) Wisconsin Bakery & Cafe books online will get an additional four books free. Get your 414 Day deal here.
The books are awesome for food lovers, but they also make pretty swell Mother's Day gifts (hint, hint)!
- 600 East Cafe (Downtown Milwaukee)
- Aggie’s Bakery & Cake Shop (West Allis)
- Breadsmith (Greenfield, Milwaukee, Wauwatosa and Whitefish Bay)
- Brunch (Milwaukee and Brookfield)
- Cafe at the Plaza (Milwaukee)
- Cranky Al's (Wauwatosa)
- Cuppa Tosa (Wauwatosa)
- Dia Cafe (Greendale)
- Fazio's Chocolates (Elm Grove)
- Fresh Baked Cafe (Brookfield, Elm Grove and Oconomowoc)
- Great Harvest Bread Co. (Elm Grove)
- Grebe's Bakery (West Allis)
- Greige Patisserie (Milwaukee)
- La Finca Cafe (St. Francis)
- Mama Bev's Bakery (Hales Corners)
- ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿Mama Ducky's Desserts (Waukesha)
- MOR Bakery - dedicated gluten-free kitchen, allergy friendly (Milwaukee)
- Nona Nutrition (Pewaukee)
- Not Joe Average Bakery & Deli (New Berlin)
- Nourish Juice Bar (Delafield)
- Original Pancake House (Brookfield)
- Peter Sciortino Bakery (Milwaukee)
- Roast Coffee Company (Milwaukee)
- Simma's Bakery (Wauwatosa)
- Sugar & Flour Bakery Cafe (Greendale)
- Sunny Side Up Cafe (New Berlin)
- Sweet Perfections Bake Shoppe (Waukesha)
- Ultimate Confections (Wauwatosa)
- Vintage Grounds (Muskego)
- Woops! Macarons (Milwaukee and Greendale)
The Wisconsin Bakery & Cafe Books are also available for sale as a fund-raising item for local organizations and community groups. For more information, visit wibakerybook.com
Lori is an avid cook whose accrual of condiments and spices is rivaled only by her cookbook collection. Her passion for the culinary industry was birthed while balancing A&W root beer mugs as a teenage carhop, fed by insatiable curiosity and fueled by the people whose stories entwine with each and every dish. She’s had the privilege of chronicling these tales via numerous media, including OnMilwaukee and in her book “Milwaukee Food.” Her work has garnered journalism awards from entities including the Milwaukee Press Club.
When she’s not eating, photographing food, writing or recording the FoodCrush podcast, you’ll find Lori seeking out adventures with her husband Paul, traveling, cooking, reading, learning, snuggling with her cats and looking for ways to make a difference.