10 ways to beat the heat when you don't have AC
- The classic: Take cold shower, sit in front of fan. If of drinking age ... shower beer!
- Eat a Pete's Pop popsicle; rub popsicle on especially sweltering body parts.
- Get friend or spouse to drive on freeway; hang head out passenger's window like dog; pant if you must.
- Go to a neighborhood bar or beer garden and drink cold ones until you're too tanked to notice heat, humidity or to comprehend the concept of weather in general. (And then call an Uber.)
- Make accordion fan out of cheaper-than-it-would-be-if-you-had-air-conditioning electric bill.
- Listen to Christmas music and imagine winter wonderlands, Jack Frost or anything other than chestnuts roasting on open fire.
- Take a dip in any one of the Milwaukee County Pools.
- Pile on winter clothing until you sense the onset of heat stroke, then remove clothing to feel remarkably cooler.
- Go to a movie. Oh, but don't forget your sweater because you'll be cold before the film starts.
- Down a piña colada at Bradford Beach.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.