#RaiseMKE by supporting Milwaukee Black Restaurant Week
Eat delicious food while showing your support for African-American entrepreneurs and their local businesses during Milwaukee Black Restaurant Week, which takes place April 17 - 24.
It's the second year for this local effort, which encourages diners to patronize black-owned businesses throughout the city. During the week, participating restaurants will run specials and a variety of meet-ups will take place at area businesses.
"Black Americans are just 13 percent of the U.S. population but will have a buying power of $1.4 trillion by 2019," notes the BlankSpace MKE web site. "Because we know that not enough of the money is 'flowing back into' black communities – MKE Black Restaurant Week is a method to introduce 'foodies to new and exciting eateries' in the black community.
"We believe supporting Black restaurants play a crucial role in achieving socio-economic upliftment, and the sustainable implementation of these beliefs will strengthen our communities and open opportunities for future generations. Through supporting African American businesses you're supporting small businesses. You're giving back to the community and bringing some social, economic uplift to the community."
Participating restaurants include:
- Ashley's, 1501 W. Center St.
- Chic Underground Lounge, 770 N. Jefferson St.
- Coffee Makes You Black, 2803 N. Teutonia Ave.
- Daddy's Soul Food & Grille, 754 N. 27th St.
- Dee's Elegance Bar & Grill, 7420 W. Villard Ave.
- Irie Zulu, 7237 W. North Ave.
- Jizzle's Sandwich Shop, 4618 W. Burleigh St.
- Mama Nana's, 7276 N. Teutonia Ave.
- Mr. Bar-B-Que, 5908 N. 76th St.
- Mr. Perkins Family Restaurant, 2001 W. Atkinson Ave.
- Pass Da Peas, 7870 W. Appleton Ave.
- Rise & Grind Cafe, 6007 N. Teutonia Ave.
- Skybox Sports Bar, 2213 N. Martin Luther King Dr.
- Monterrey Smokehouse, 551 W. Becher St.
- Terri Lynn's Express, 10704 W. Hampton Ave.
- The Big Eazy, 2053 N. Martin Luther King Dr.
- Tony's BBQ Unlimited, 3510 W. Villard Ave.
- Yummy's, 10250 N. Cedarburg Rd.
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.