Sneak peek: 14 views of the progress at the Kimpton Journeyman Hotel
We got a peek inside the new 158-room Kimpton Journeyman Hotel, 310 E. Chicago St., slated to open in the Third Ward this summer, including looks at the spaces that will host the Tre Rivali restaurant and the rooftop Outsider bar.
With great views of the lake, the Downtown skyline, the Third Ward and beyond, The Outsider – which will be open all year long, thanks to a long row of firepits – will likely instantly become a major destination.
1. First-floor awnings will come later and a vertical sign will be added this week
2. The main entrance sidewalk will slope down to the street
3. The lobby will have two fireplaces
4. Milwaukee artist Clive Promhows designed and executed the lobby floor stenciling
5. Two meeting rooms and a ballroom are on the second floor
6. A fully functional model room was built across the street
7. Soaking tubs and subway tile
8. The suites face southwest
9. The Kimpton Journeyman is pet-friendly
10. The interior bar at The Outsider on the roof
11. The Outsider
12. Another view of The Outsider
13. Chef Heather Terhune's Tre Rivali restaurant will open out to Broadway, with some cafe table seating outside
14. Diners can watch the action in the kitchen ... and vice versa
Post a comment / write a review.
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by OnMilwaukee.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of OnMilwaukee.com or its staff.