The coronavirus pandemic has changed our everyday life, but it doesn't need to change who we are. So, in addition to our ongoing coverage of the coronavirus, OnMilwaukee will continue to report on cool, fun, inspiring and strange stories from our city and beyond. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay informed and stay joyful. We're all in this together. #InThisTogetherMKE
Amilinda, 315 E. Wisconsin Ave., will be shaking up their usual carry-out dinner offerings with two new pop-ups taking place on Wednesday, April 1 and Thursday, April 2.
One themed pop-up menu will focus on Italian-inspired classics and the other on indulgent sweet treats. Both will offer delicious comfort food dishes made with plenty of heart.
On Wednesday, April 1, the restaurant will shift to the Amilinda Osteria menu, featuring Italian-inspired offerings for pick-up between 4 and 8 p.m.
The menu includes an assortment of antipasti including
- Burrata with speck prosciutto, peas and mint;
- Carciofi giardiniera saporiti: artichokes with parmesan, bread crumbs and anchovies;
- Insalata ricca: a salad of curly endive, radicchio, avocado, hearts of palm, pine nuts and lemon.
Pasta choices include:
- Bucatini all’amatriciana featuring bucatini pasta topped with pancetta, romano, red wine and tomato sauce;
- Fettuccine with gorgonzola, lemon zest and fresh rosemary;
- Raviolo stuffed with housemade ricotta cheese, garlic, onion, chives and served with a spicy tomato sauce.
Meanwhile, main courses will include
- Monkfish served with cauliflower and scallions;
- Chicken cacciatore with tomatoes, white wine and mushrooms;
- Saltimbocca served with vermicelli and lemon garlic sauce.
The full menu will go live Wednesday, April 1st at 8 a.m. at amilinda.com with pickup available starting at 4:30 p.m. Orders can be placed online or by phone at (414) 369-3683.
On Thursday, April 2, Amilinda will return to its regular dinner menu. However, the restaurant will also offer a very special menu of indulgent treats created by Chef Gregory Leon and Pastry Chef Sara Sara Ostrowski.
Among the desserts, you'll find popular Amilinda classics like their wildly popular chocolate souffle cakes and chocolate olive oil mousse, along with a variety of tarts and rum cake.
The Dolly’s Bakery menu will go live Thursday, April 2nd at 8 a.m. at amilinda.com, with pickup available beginning at 2 p.m. Orders can be placed online or by phone at (414) 369-3683.
Lori is an avid cook whose accrual of condiments and spices is rivaled only by her cookbook collection. Her passion for the culinary industry was birthed while balancing A&W root beer mugs as a teenage carhop, fed by insatiable curiosity and fueled by the people whose stories entwine with each and every dish. She’s had the privilege of chronicling these tales via numerous media, including OnMilwaukee and in her book “Milwaukee Food.” Her work has garnered journalism awards from entities including the Milwaukee Press Club.
When she’s not eating, photographing food, writing or recording the FoodCrush podcast, you’ll find Lori seeking out adventures with her husband Paul, traveling, cooking, reading, learning, snuggling with her cats and looking for ways to make a difference.